• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

CCI #11 caps

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone experimented with these? There’s some data on the Internet for reloading rifle primers I’m wondering if they work on the CCI caps? Cut to size and put in something to make them work? Just a thought.

IMG_0860.png

I ha
Does anyone experimented with these? There’s some data on the Internet for reloading rifle primers I’m wondering if they work on the CCI caps? Cut to size and put in something to make them work? Just a thought.

View attachment 35850
I haven't tried the roll caps did try the little plastic ring caps they work about 20% of the time at best then just gave up and got all my stuff to make my own from 22reloader.com and never looked back pretty much 100% work maybe 3 out off a 100 don't go boom

View attachment 35850

I have both the German paper ones and the plastic Chicom garbage. None worked even using 3 dots per cap. They went pop but not bang.

I have both the German paper ones and the plastic Chicom garbage. None worked even using 3 dots per cap. They went pop but not bang.
Interesting the video that I saw added a little bit of smokeless powder to the cap. I wonder if that would help. It’s on YouTube somewhere. I’m not sure what he used to make it stick to the paper.

Interesting the video that I saw added a little bit of smokeless powder to the cap. I wonder if that would help. It’s on YouTube somewhere. I’m not sure what he used to make it stick to the paper.
Yes I did that too and didn’t set off the powder charge.

Yes I did that too and didn’t set off the powder charge.
Go here get the cap maker and the mix to make your own primers they work Great after you mix your product it says add a drop of acetone but the powder don't stay in good doing that you need to make up a mixture of 10 ounces of acetone add 1 ounce of duco cement then add a drop to mix it makes the powder stay in good will not come out of the cap even rattling around in a possible bag for a year. And the duco cement is a nitrocellulose glue so makes the primers. Even hotter I usually get maybe 3 out of 100 that don't fire and you can make about 2000 primers per kit. 22 Reloader Kit

Go here get the cap maker and the mix to make your own primers they work Great after you mix your product it says add a drop of acetone but the powder don't stay in good doing that you need to make up a mixture of 10 ounces of acetone add 1 ounce of duco cement then add a drop to mix it makes the powder stay in good will not come out of the cap even rattling around in a possible bag for a year. And the duco cement is a nitrocellulose glue so makes the primers. Even hotter I usually get maybe 3 out of 100 that don't fire and you can make about 2000 primers per kit. 22 Reloader Kit
I have the cap maker and Primeall. Duco and acetone is a great binder. They do work but are very corrosive so remember to extra clean the inside of the nipples.

Latest posts

Back