CCI In Line Muzzleloading primer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benamen

Reaction score
CCI? In-line Muzzleloading Primer

CCI enters the popular muzzleloading category this year with a new, specially designed primer that meets the needs of in-line muzzleloader hunters.

FEATURES & BENEFITS
? Specially designed for in-line muzzleloading use
? Meets individualized needs of muzzleloader users

MODEL DESCRIPTION
307: 209 In-line Muzzleloading Primer (100 qty per pack)

Does anyone have any experience with this product?

With primers are there any precautions that should be taken when in the field or are they sealed quite well from the elements ?

Ben

the ones i' use is 209M shotshell primers the box is red and silver... what is the diffance in them??? been use CCI fore a long time never had a single one not go off :D :D thanks WORM :shock: :shock: WORM

I havn't used CCI yet but yesterday I was loading my MZ to go hunting and wet out back to fire a couple of primers to burn any excess oil that might have been in the barrel and the first primer made a sharp pop and the second made a lot less of a pop. I'm using Winchester 209s, has anybody noticed anything like this?

Does anyone have any experience with this product?

With primers are there any precautions that should be taken when in the field or are they sealed quite well from the elements ?

Ben

I've never used those exact primers. The info on the webpage really has very little info about them.

IMO it is best to just use a shotgun primer. I have used W-W 209s, Fed 209As, and what I USUALLY use CCI 209s. I have bought a LOT of shotgun 209s in my day, all for muzzleloader use...

When hunting...I keep my 209s in a zip-loc snack plastic bag...

There is a lot of diffrence in primers! I shoot Pyrodex pellets in my Pro Hunter,and use Fed 209A primers. They are as hot a primer as your gonna find. I've tried diffrent primers,and to be honest,I couldn't see any "real accuracy diffrence" between any of them. I also tried T7,and found that the crud ring showed up with any brand primer I used. As I clean my ML after shooting it,( every time)I went back to pyrodex,and never looked back. The 209A is as hot a primer as your gonna find,and to me,that means the gun is gonna go boom at the moment of truth,when that big deer steps out giving you a shot. Ron

Back