Anyone know where one can buy cci 307 muzzleloader primers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donparadowski

Reaction score
I can't find any store in South East Michigan that carries in stock cci 307 muzzleloader primers. I have called every store that I can think of and searched the I-Net looking for them. Does anyone know where I can purchase them locally?

They used to sell them at Walmart, Gander Mountain and some independent retailers. Not sure if anyone stocks them anymore? CCI still has them cataloged.You can buy them from Midway and some other online retailers.

This is what the box looks like.

You might need to consider an alternative primer? What rifle and powder are you shooting?

Attachments

• 307_MZL_Primers.jpg
    307_MZL_Primers.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 182
DONT use ML primers for BH209. Use regular 209s or 209 Mags. ML 209s are made for powders like Triple7. BH209 is harder to ignite.

Federal 209a primers are a good choice for BH 209. They're the hottest primer we can buy.

donparadowski said:

What rifle and breech plug?

Like the others have said, you don't want the reduced charge muzzleloading primers for Blackhorn 209. They were made and marketed for Triple Se7en powder and pellets to reduce the crud ring.

You'll want to be looking for Federal 209A, CCI 209M (Magnum), Winchester W209, or other 209 Shotshell Primers with full charges.

Back