• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Classified's Courtesy Rules

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
1) If someone has complied with the rules of posting an ad in this forum and you feel like there may be a price that is out of line, DO NOT post in that ad that they can get it Cheaper, or Newer, or Better elsewhere! It tends to make a person wonder about the motives such individuals have for shooting down a fellow member's ad trying to sell something.

2) If you feel compelled to try and educate the poster that they are too pricey or whatever with their ad, then by all means POLITELY send them a PERSONAL MESSAGE with your concerns. Do Not post derogatory remarks in their thread.

3) Show fellow members here the same respect you would expect if you had an ad running here.

4) Any additional for sale post within someone else's ad if its reported may be deleted. If you have a similar product for sale or know where to get one please make your own ad.

In most cases if something is too high, the silence of any response to the ad lets the poster know he may be too high

So, this just happened to me. If you are concerned about the age of a buyer, DO NOT ask them to send you a pic of their drivers license or Military ID for age verification. I would suggest Facetime or some other video chat platform. In this day and age of identity theft, you, as an individual, should not ask for pictures of someone's credentials. I would also suggest that you list your requirements in your post and sort it out before the sale instead of waiting until the check shows up and then raising the issue. I understand the concern of age verification, just be smart about it. This was not a sale from this website, but it was from an individual on a related site and that individual may be on here as well. We sorted it out but it torqued me off.

Last edited:
Back