Cleaning the Omega breechplug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Shot the new Omega for the first time yesterday. Used pyrodex (because I have a bunch of it) and 45/50 sabots. Cleaned with several wet patches between shots. Still pretty tough to get the bullet seated, but smooth constant pressure allowed me to get the bullet down each time. Am going to buy 777 or AP powder to try next time as the pyrodex was sure messy.

Got home and took breech plug out to clean. Wow! What a mess! I have a small bristle brush that is supposed to be able to clean the "fire channel" but that didn't go very far into it. Ran T/C #13 cleaner and G96 gun cleaner in there and picked around inside with a pin, removing a bunch of crud. Am able to see through the hole now, so am I done with the cleaning?? Any suggestions on being able to get in there with a "tool" or something to make sure it is clean??

Soak the plug in the cleaner of your choice for about half an hour. An old toothbrush, nipple pick, and a few Q-Tips are all you need.

Latest posts

Back