Close Encounter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheephunterab

Reaction score
Hey all, just thought I'd share a close encounter we had with a bear last week while muzzleloader hunting in northern Alberta. Go to http://www.theoutdoorquest.com/blog.htm and click on the video link at the bottom of my blog entry for May 19-22. That's about as close as you want to get to a bear. :shock: :shock: :shock:

T.J.

No...he just wasn't big enough....guess we likely should of spooked him a bit sooner or at least had a gun in our hands but we both got wrapped up in how close he was then suddenly he was less than two feet away. He didn't look nearly as close through the camera viewfinder....LOL It was a pretty cool experience.

Actually it was just something we threw together right at the site. It was more just to conceal our movement a bit. We just grabbed some old logs and lashed them together to make a wall of sorts. Plus it made a dandy rest for the Pro Hunter.

Wow!!! The bears eyes may have been big, but mine would have been bigger. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pretty cool, encounter 8)

Ya....it was all kind of like watching television while videoing the bear coming in and I never even once considered the threat that he could pose. It was cool when his eyes got really big though. I guess looking back on it, it wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done but it was really cool!!!!

Latest posts

Back