Cob's BH 209 experience

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corncob

Reaction score
I tried BH 209 yesterday and today and consequently have an inventory of Triple 7 pellets, Triple 7 Primers and TC #13 bore cleaner available at very reasonable prices.

I got 1.25 groups at 100 yards using 110 vol. grains pushing TMZ 290 bullets at 1,870 FPS. Using 120 vol grains and the TMZ 290 the speed was 1,960 FPS but the groups opened up. I'm looking forward to shooting some 300 grain SST's.

Best regards -
Cob

WOW that load is not only accurate, but smokin...

They can say what they want about the price but its here to stay.
I have only heard of one person who gave it a try and did not like it and he could not get anything else to work either, I would have liked to been there could be he needed some help.
Welcome to the ranks of the accurate high speed shooters. Lee

Congrats on your afternoon. If it were not for my sidelocks, I too would be givin' away all my other powder.

I tried BH 209 yesterday and today and consequently have an inventory of Triple 7 pellets, Triple 7 Primers and TC #13 bore cleaner available at very reasonable prices.

I HEAR ya! Same here in Athens, AL! It's going to be the same in MANY locals by the time hunting season gets here!

Great report cob!! I just bot a supply of those t7 mag pellets. :cry: Likely will burn whut I got till i get BH209.

Still no joy finding it locally. When I mention the powder at several local guns shops, they say they never heard of it. Well now they have heard of it but I guess more people need to ask for it before they stock it.

I had a can in my hand at BPS in Harrisburg on Saturday but put it back because I have over 3 lbs of Goex 3f at home. It will be a long time before I shoot over 300 shots and need more powder. Maybe I'll try it then.

Reese said:
Still no joy finding it locally. When I mention the powder at several local guns shops, they say they never heard of it. Well now they have heard of it but I guess more people need to ask for it before they stock it.
Do what I did bring in a BH209 brochure,an empty cannister and a target from your range session....my supplier order it in and had it for sale with in a couple weeks.....

Latest posts

Back