Colorado Version Knight Ultra Lite - Configuration Question’s (Appreciate the patience)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it is essentially a bare primer BP, custom made to your gun, with a carbide bushing instead of a ventliner. And it works with either the Lehigh adapter in an FPJ bolt or the Knight bare primer bolt, whichever one you send in to be fitted for. But it is made for THAT one bolt in THAT one gun, right? You cant switch bolts or guns.

That is correct. Its custom fit. It may work if you swap bolts.....or.....it may not. The plugs are sent to him machined too long for a Mountaineer or Ulite. Material is machined off the powder side for the custom fit in all DISC based rifles.

Mine fit to a Super DISC. Notice the mating face difference vs the following pics.

------------------------------------------------------Beststill left side---------------------------------Lehigh right side
nzJLGR1.jpg

ZaXN3VP.jpg

They will look more like this if fit for Ulite or Mountaneer because those plugs are longer than Extremes/Elites/DISCs
XDNTvIp.png

uE5rA8v.png

AoF7cTF.png

Can someone tell me Bestill’s username? I just have so many questions and appreciate everyone’s help

@GM54-120 it looks like you have the Gen 1 breach plug according to Bestill’s video:

He mentioned flame cutting on the front. I don’t know what that is? Is this the recommended breach plug everyone is referencing? Is it just a matter of being “cleaner” or is there a performance upgrade as well?

i take it you’re are a veteran, don’t buy it till veterans day, Knight usually has a 40 percent off sale for veterans for 24 hours, hopefully they do it again this year, good luck ,and thanks for your service
Yes Sir, and thank you for the heads up!

.......flame cutting on the front. I don’t know what that is?.......

When using front sealing breech plugs, the seal between the breech plug, and the barrel is often imperfect. This allows the fire from burning powder to erode/cut steel of barrel/breech plug joining. A rear sealing breech plug cures this issue.

What does that mean long term for the 1 piece simple Bestill plug? That it will need to be replaced, damage the rifle?

It means long term, one should be diligent when wrapping the threads with teflon tape, or grease, because the threads is where the seal is made, not at the joining of the plug, and barrel.

LOL! Yeah, I've got a Knight Disc Extreme on order that I'm going to have to explain to the wife at some point. At least I can say that I got it "on sale". 😁
Guess what arrived at the house this afternoon while I'm at work. Guess who signed for it.🤪

Attachments

• 20201111_190940.jpg
    20201111_190940.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 13
OK... I am glad that was acceptable 😇 to the other half of the family....

But also wanted you to know that is really a dang good ML you got....

I really do like mine!

Western-DISC-Extreme.jpg

Latest posts

Back