Congrats In-line Muzzle Loaders

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont have any yet. Probably wont for a long time. I can tell you this though, when i get one i can assure you i know what forum i WON'T join.

Found it. Wow. When folks start throwing around words like "exclude them" and "blasphemy", AND get likes for it, i think it creates divisions instead of encouraging debate and idea sharing. I have a couple sidelock guns and don't feel blasphemous when shooting my inlines. Does that make me a bad person? My wife might argue that there are plenty of things that make me a bad person but that isn't one of them.
The poster did not make an attempt to explain his views, except to call inlines "a matter of taste, or lack of". That's just opinion, not reason.
It has been said about me that i have bad taste, tho. :bang::moon:
I think it’s divisions that they want. Separate seasons, separate clubs, separate forums.
I probably own 15 plus muzzleloaders, about half inlines and half percussion sidelocks. I enjoy shooting all of them and I use them for different things.

Traditional or In-Line. I own both kinds. Love to shoot them both and love to hunt with them both. My traditional has killed over 30 deer in the last 30 years. My newer In-Line has killed 5 in the last 2 years. I have to think that most of us own both kinds. More-so maybe if your in the older group here. Whatever you use get out there and shoot it and hunt with it. Have a good time and if the guy next to you is using something else maybe lean over and ask him about it. Bet you'll learn something and likely want to try it out.

One thing for sure, it is annoying as heck viewing the forum on a tablet or a smart phone since the change. A real bummer....

You see the same attitude in Traditional archery vs Compound shooters, Ive done bother for a very long time and there are elitists on both sides but its getting to where the older trad guys are very bad about ragging on compounds/crossbows... It gets really old after awhile, while I'm not a crossbow guy if that's what you want to use then I respect that fact, does nothing but divide hunters to disrespect someones way of hunting, as long as its legal then I'm all for it, same for muzzleloaders.

Yep, archers are as bad or worse. I don't understand the "elitism" attitudes. We're all in this together.

I'm taking my .54 renegade out this weekend... for late traditional season. Mountain Heritage they call it in WV.

I read some of that on the other site.
There is room for all shooters and collectors period. There is enough problems with gun haters to be worried what a brother in arms is shooting. I like and shoot/collect both inlines and traditional rifles and shotguns and revolvers and pistols .
There is a lot of fun to be had shooting a variety of weapons . Another enjoyable aspect is buying ,selling , trading and building rifles etc. And enjoying each other's company and conversation . I read more than I write but trust me I enjoy it immensely. Encourage new shooters hep keep this sport alive!

Well im just gonna throw away my crossbow, compound bow and all my inlines. Can't have them polluting the younger hunters, warping their minds and setting a bad example. Next thing you know they'll be vaping and playing video games.
Don't forget to trade your truck or Jeep for a pair of mules, and start hand washing your britches in homemade lye soap lest ye be accosted for hypocrisy. In for a penny, in for a pound, right?

Keep your Jeep, 100 years from now it will be HC, historically correct. I was recently told I couldn't compete in a local rondy shoot unless I was in HC costume. Guess that's one way to eliminate the serious compition.

:roll: They have a Rendezvous about 12 miles from my House that is the Same Way, They prefer that you Dress up if you come, Needless to say i have NEVER Gone, and NEVER will, I would rather walk out in my Driveway and take a Direct Kick to the Balls and Be able to Stay at home, Than have to Go to a Halloween Joke like that

If you are not using a 100yr+ old straight wall cartridge for deer hunting you are ruining the idea of a fair hunt and our center fire hunting season. Sounds pretty silly doesn't it? Sad part is there are states that only allow these or shotguns. Only other option was a ML for many people. Illinois does not allow a rifle during deer season at all. Their ML season is after "firearms" season. Well, why in the world would you buy a traditional ML with those kinds of silly regulations if you are just a hunter?
https://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/Documents/Deer Firearm-Muzzleloader Information Sheet.pdf

The "inline haters" have made it very clear they dont want to be in the woods with you. They certainly dont want to be in the woods with modern slug gun hunters either. My state has the late "alternative" season. I have zero incentive to use a so called traditional method. Its not like i get any advantage such as a pre firearms chance or an extra tag out of the deal.

If you are not using a 100yr+ old straight wall cartridge for deer hunting you are ruining the idea of a fair hunt and our center fire hunting season. Sounds pretty silly doesn't it? Sad part is there are states that only allow these or shotguns. Only other option was a ML for many people. Illinois does not allow a rifle during deer season at all. Their ML season is after "firearms" season. Well, why in the world would you buy a traditional ML with those kinds of silly regulations if you are just a hunter?
https://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/Documents/Deer Firearm-Muzzleloader Information Sheet.pdf

The "inline haters" have made it very clear they dont want to be in the woods with you. They certainly dont want to be in the woods with modern slug gun hunters either. My state has the late "alternative" season. I have zero incentive to use a so called traditional method. Its not like i get any advantage such as a pre firearms chance or an extra tag out of the deal.

That is similar to this Late Cow ONLY Elk hunt here in Unit 1, Idaho Muzzleloader ONLY Rules, No Scopes, 209s, Sabots etc. Doesn’t matter if it’s an inline, or Sidelock as long as it’s Idaho Western Legal. I see more Western Setup inlines in this Little Hunt than anything. In fact me and My Dad are the only 2 i have Seen packing Sidelocks. The Hunt itself is Ridiculous, Dec 2nd Through the 8th, Cow Elk ONLY, 1 mile of Private, Cultivated Land. When this Muzzleloader ONLY Season comes around, These few Elk have Already been Hunted Through Sept Archery, and Oct Any Weapon Season, They have been RAN to Death!! Definitely nothing Spectacular About this Particular Little Muzzleloader ONLY, Cow Elk Hunt up here in Unit 1, I have heard the Southern units are Better? Or can be anyway, I wouldn’t know as i have NEVER Tried ANY other Unit that #1 here where i live.

Idaho has 78 GMUs, There are Early Sept Muzzleloader ONLY hunts available in the Southern GMUs, Draw type Hunts etc. I NEVER Venture Down there Though, and No plans to. I’m not in to the Wall Tent, Stay away from Home type Hunts Anymore, I like Sleeping in my Bed at Night :lewis:

When you remove scopes and its lead conicals or PRB only everyone is on almost the same playing field. The extra umph of a 209 and BH209 is hardly worth mentioning. Ive got no problem using conicals. They are what i use on lottery hunts. Not because its required but because they do just fine for those hunts. Not sure if our managed hunts are still offered for more primitive methods only but i know they were at one time. Those hunts were in exceptional areas too. Super high success rate hunts. Im all for managed hunts on conservation land where deer must be culled to keep herds in check.

Last time i checked getting drawn for the most restrictive managed hunts was pretty much a guarantied hunt. Your chance of getting drawn was very very high because so few applied for them. When they dont get enough applications they have no choice but to open up the hunts to less restrictive methods. Ive literally seen what looks like herds of deer in some of these places. Just chilling out in a cut field. Not a care in the world.

:roll: They have a Rendezvous about 12 miles from my House that is the Same Way, They prefer that you Dress up if you come, Needless to say i have NEVER Gone, and NEVER will, I would rather walk out in my Driveway and take a Direct Kick to the Balls and Be able to Stay at home, Than have to Go to a Halloween Joke like that
Some day jeans and flannel will be period correct. "Don't hate the game hate the player".
Plus i bet you look cute in them funny pants and a raccoon hats.
I am slowly being pulled to the traditional guns. Not for any other reason than they are different from what i have experience with and seem like a new challenge to over come. IdahoLewis, I hope for yer sake you don't git a kick in the balls. Ouch!
I have had some good times at Halloween party's. Never been kicked in the sak tho.

I like shooting guns, almost any guns. I’m not into playing dress up to do it though. I wouldn’t try and keep anyone out of my club or off my range if they showed up in buckskins, that’s the difference between the zealots and most others.

I have a true story that happened to me years ago( mid to late 90's)
I saw advertisements of a primitive snow shoe muzzle loader shoot in northern Vermont. I owned nothing "primitive" I had an inline, modern wool clothing and aluminum framed snow shoes. I called the guy in charge and asked if it was strictly primitive gear and he very quickly stated it was NOT primitive only and they encourage ALL muzzle loader enthusiasts to participate, so I sent the entry fee through the mail. I show up with my wife, if looks could kill!! Then finally some throw back retard actually told me this shoot was for primitive enthusiasts only! I then told him I called the guy who was orchestrating the whole event and he encouraged me and all muzzle loading enthusiasts to attend! He walked off all pissed off.
Then it happened again, then more looks!
I turned to my wife and said these grown men are children who are playing dress up and we need to leave, we went back to the place we rented for the weekend and it ended up being a vacation for my wife and I! Snow shoeing, dinner, hanging out! We had a good time despite the fools at that event.
Through the years I've noticed that every single hobby/pass time have there small group of purest that defy logic and every other sensical thing!

Latest posts

Back