Converted Paramount

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noboday familiar with this conversion?

It's really a piece of cake. If there weren't so many supply chain issues and labor shortages I'd make a bunch of kits. You don't even need a gunsmith to change it over the way I do it. I will say that one barrel came off easy, another I had to cut off against the recoil lug. I make a replacement lug so I don't need to save the old one. I have a few more scheduled for this winter as well.

Mine shoots lights out 18 twist brux,,I did manage to get it in the factory stock. Will be shooting it a lot more once I get over deer season,,and get moved completely.i am enjoying the 209 adjustable breech plug!!! Also have it in my Omega love it in.

For the money wouldn’t it be smarter to buy a 700 ml and convert that?

I don't know that the cost would be much more I think they're both great platforms to build a smokeless rifle or an improved rifle off of Factory Paramount has a nice stock even though I don't like the McMillan A5 type design has a great trigger so does the old Remington

Mine shoots lights out 18 twist brux,,I did manage to get it in the factory stock. Will be shooting it a lot more once I get over deer season,,and get moved completely.i am enjoying the 209 adjustable breech plug!!! Also have it in my Omega love it in.

What kind of thread is needed for the barrel stub in the Paramount action?

I'm not sure you'd have to direct that question to Mark at Woodman I think it's metric

Seems like I've noticed being around a lot of gunsmiths very few are Master machinist and CNC experts,,every once in awhile you come up on a gun builder, gunsmith, that is a master machinist and has the equipment to do a master's work,, if you get lucky you might even find a tool and die maker not many around anymore, I only know enough about Machining to get myself in trouble and struggle through building my own rifles what attracts me so much to Woodman arms is Mark is both excellent gunsmith and excellent Machinist hard to find, I don't think the metric thread aggravates him at all just like cutting a standard hard to find that!

Seems like I've noticed being around a lot of gunsmiths very few are Master machinist and CNC experts,,every once in awhile you come up on a gun builder, gunsmith, that is a master machinist and has the equipment to do a master's work,, if you get lucky you might even find a tool and die maker not many around anymore, I only know enough about Machining to get myself in trouble and struggle through building my own rifles what attracts me so much to Woodman arms is Mark is both excellent gunsmith and excellent Machinist hard to find, I don't think the metric thread aggravates him at all just like cutting a standard hard to find that!
Levi has all the equipment. :)

He did that one when they first came out and found the metric threads were a bastuXX metric.
He mentioned he wouldn't do another.

Hi guys,

Just came along this build on YT and curious, if anyone had a hands on one of these converted Paramount rifles....

Tim completed a Paramount HTR conversion for me in a Smokeless .45 with Heavy Varmit Brux 26” Barrel with HIS Ignition System and Muzzle Break that shoots great. Best group so far in attached photo with 300 Grain Bullets at 100 yards, two in hole…:). Fantastic communication, prompt turnaround time and excellent craftsmanship.

Attachments

• A82F6797-5A9C-412D-9112-0168C04A8C59.jpeg
    A82F6797-5A9C-412D-9112-0168C04A8C59.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Tim completed a Paramount HTR conversion for me in a Smokeless .45 with Heavy Varmit Brux 26” Barrel with HIS Ignition System and Muzzle Break that shoots great. Best group so far in attached photo with 300 Grain Bullets at 100 yards, two in hole…:). Fantastic communication, prompt turnaround time and excellent craftsmanship.
How much did it cost you?

If I was considering one I would sure give Mark Woodman a call at Woodman arms as an option it might be a lot more economical might require a little bit of Home Gunsmithing but I'm sure he would put it together also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back