Crappie fishing in new pontoon

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Me and step son took my new to me pontoon boat out for its maiden voyage today to a local reservoir and crappie fished for 5 hours.. We caught right at 100 crappie and kept 40, nothing big with biggest being 12 inches and smallest around 9.5 in. with most at 10 in..
Lake seems to be full of small crappie, hopefully next season they will be getting bigger, used to catch a lot of 12-15 in crappie out of it 25 yrs ago. Ended up with a huge bowl of fillets.

2ng5ugg.jpg

Nice going, I like fishing out of a pontoon, you don't get tired out.

Great Catch. :yeah:
Man my family Love eating crappie. I think it is our favorite fish. :drool: :drool:

Crappie are tough to beat for good eating :yeah: And fun to catch! We always fished the Lilly Pads for them in the Spring when they were staging up to Spawn, the Males were really dark, almost black (They call it putting on their Tuxedo) I need to start fishing again, I’ve pretty much given up on it the last few years, Not because it wasn’t good, Just had to many other Irons in the Fire

Back