Crimson Trace

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ram2

Reaction score
I heard Crimson Trace bought out Nikon's scope factory and is producing what used to be Nikon scopes under the Crimson Trace name. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Nikon never made scopes in the Philippines. They had Scopro and other OEMs make them. Crimson Trace is an entirely other company but could be using some of the same factories.

The 2 big factories there are Scopro and Kenko.

Nikon scopes were made in Japan but after that they were actually imprinted--right on the scope--as made in the phillipines. Word was the japanese ones were a lot better. I have a japanese one that's my clearest scope I own and I have several burris and leupolds.

Crimson Trace used to have all their scopes made in Japan at Japan Optical. Same place made the highend stuff for Brownwells and probably Riton. They were huge 34mm giants. I looked at one once. Nice glass but hated everything else about it. Super stiff turrets and busy reticles.

The early reviews ive seen about the new ones have not been all that great.

Well I purchased one a couple weeks ago, put it on my CVA SML conversion and it would not hold zero and adjustments were erratic. I sent it back. It was a Brushline Pro 2.5-12X. Nice scope, clear glass and I liked the BDC reticle. I wish it would have worked for me.

Back