Crossbow deer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the Rage 100gr, 2 blade design. They fly well for me and have been good on game. I use the 2 in cutting diameter. Also have a pack of the hypodermic version I need to try.

I like the Slick Trick standard, 4 blade, 1 inch cut. 125 grains. I also use Swacker heads, 2 1/2 inch cut, I think? 125 grains.
These are the only 2 heads I ever used.

I had to go look an the Slick Trick I have actually have 4 fixed blades instead of 3. I couldn't find the package (usually keep it) now I'm thinking they are 150gr...I don't think the 125 gr were available when I got them. One nice thing about crossbows if you have a yard in the country one can practice anytime.

1639571307600.png1639571354196.jpeg1639571420472.jpeg
My first crossbow bow deer this year too, after a shoulder injury prevented me from pulling back the compound bow. G5 Montec original fixed three blade 100g. with cut outs in blades. I have seen tests with the new G5 3b with solid blades. Those tended to plane off target more.
Another good one is QAD with 3 replaceable blades.

deermank ya done good! Congrats! Bought an excalibur matrix 310 3 years ago. Just shot it at the range. This year I decided to hunt with it because I have been struggling with cataracts. Took a nice doe using shwackers. Very exciting.

Back