Curse of Oak Island

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have watched it since the beginning. Got interested in Oak Island before most folks ever heard of it. There was a story in Reader's Digest about it back in the 60's when I was 12 or 13. Been fascinated ever since. The only real problem I find with the show is the script. I don't want to hear about the Knight's Templar any more. The constant bombardment of "could this be the blah blah blah that the Knight's Templar blah blah blahhed?" Or my real pet peave,"OOH! Now that's a real bobby dazzler" and you don't see what it is until almost the end of the show and you find what it might possibly be. I want more archaeological info, more digging and less maybes not could it be's or is it possible's. And the answers will not be found in a castle in France or where ever. Every move that was ever made on that island was written down somewhere. Find the ancient library texts about government secrecy and plots and I am sure you will find the answer to this mystery. If travel to such libraries is necessary, do it. But sight seeing tours leave a lot to be desired. God help me I'm hooked on the show but there is a better way to entice people to watch. I figure that there has now been more money spent since this dig started than there is treasures of that value to be found. But I wish them well!

I like to binge several episodes at a time. There is generally an interesting historical thread and some of the stuff they find is neat to learn about...the narrator’s silly questions can get on your nerves, but I definitely remember saying, “this is gonna be a wild goose chase AND a shaggy dog tale” sometime in the first season... I agree with deermanok - and I’ve learned some detecting tricks watching Gary.

I watch it a little bit. Some day i may binge the whole series. I think the only gold they will find is the $ they make from the show. Its just one thing after another.
Why would anyone bury their gold so deeply and so hard to retrieve that even the owners of the treasure couldn’t get to it?🤔

I watched it sporadically. Like every other 'reality' show, there is about 10 minutes of show and 20 minutes of commercial time. Its 5 minutes of show, then a commercial break, then the show starts 2 minutes back to repeat the last 2 minutes before the break, and 3 minutes more, then repeat. I was down to the history/ discovery channel, with some old westerns thrown in but even that has gotten unintersting. Normally I avoid the TV. Im getting to the point on oak island, that whatever is buried there was never meant to resurface. Thats not just buried, but proteced in a way beyond vault securety. Its either that, or just some old sinkhole with nothing much there

Never, I actually run into one of the brothers at the gas station/party store from time to time on Mission Peninsula in Traverse City. I guess he lives there somewhere. He and his brother own one of the vineyard/wineries there.
Kinda like when I was a NY Giants fan back in the day, Lol
Or a Detroit Lion Fan.

Back