I have cancer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in May and June I had a blood test done. I've been watching my PSA slowly increase for about 15 years.
During covid everything was shut down and so I kind of didn't think about it.
I went in for an appointment with a skin doctor and she wanted me to do a blood test before we started her treatment.
My PSA came back as 6.1 which meant I had to see my urologist. He did a biopsy. I have prostate cancer.
malignant cells were found in 3 of the 12 samples. Only 2% of the tissue had cancer. Several doctors have told me that they have never seen it caught this early.
Prostate cancer doesn't like tomatoes and I also started on Turkey Tail mushroom. I cut back on red meat and dairy.
I just got my 3 month appointment done and my PSA actually came down .40
My next appointment is in 6 months.
I increased the turkey tail mushroom one pill a day and I'm going to try to find a health fair to get my PSA tested again in a couple months. Fingers crossed 🤞
I went through that about 15 years ago with the same diagnosis and then same test results. They gave me high speed radiation that killed the prostate but now I have more trouble because it's still there it's just has shrunk down to nothing. Looking back on it I might have been better off just having it removed. It causes me some problems now as it's harder to pass water. I can tell you don't wait too long, because if it gets any higher, than what you have right now, you're gonna have to have surgery. From what I know I wouldn't go with the little seeds that they can put in, the two that I know that were friends that had it done both got leukemia.
Squint

Back in May and June I had a blood test done. I've been watching my PSA slowly increase for about 15 years.
I went in for an appointment with a skin doctor and she wanted me to do a blood test before we started her treatment.
My PSA came back as 6.1 which meant I had to see my urologist. He did a biopsy. I have prostate cancer.
malignant cells were found in 3 of the 12 samples. Only 2% of the tissue had cancer. Several doctors have told me that they have never seen it caught this early.
Prostate cancer doesn't like tomatoes and I also started on Turkey Tail mushroom. I cut back on red meat and dairy.
I increased the turkey tail mushroom one pill a day and I'm going to try to find a health fair to get my PSA tested again in a couple months. Fingers crossed 🤞
Could you pass along what brand you are taking

This probably falls under the TMI category. I was diagnosed by my Doctor with Prostate Cancer when I was 38. I had a great doctor that tracked my PSA and alerted me when it went from 1.2 to 2.6 in four years.

The biopsy was terrible and I realized that most doctors have HUGE finger! I talked it over with my wife and went with a radical prostatectomy. I went with a surgeon vs robotic.

The surgery sucked and the recovery took a while. I learned that a good surgeon can actually feel cancer tissue compared to healthy tissue. I had clean margins and a low Gleason Score.

Because of the location of the prostate, the cancer can spread to spine and at that point it can get bad quickly.

My pathology came back that my cancer was less than 1/10th of 1mm from escaping the prostate and spreading.

I have no lingering issues and I am now 14 years on the back side. I wish you the best and please feel free to reach out if I can answer any questions. I am alive today and get to hunt/shoot with my son because of early detection and treatment. My wife is also kind of happy I am still around. However, I just spent $500 plus on muzzleloader stuff this week and my life insurance keeps looking better!

Good luck and you will be in my prayers.

You are in my prayers 🙏

So fortunate that it was caught way earlier than most. I have no doubt you have this licked and running for cover. My best wishes for complete success.

A dear friend of mine, hunting partner, shooting partner, family friend died from prostate cancer 20 years ago; I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I had a prostate biopsy probably 25+ years ago and it was an awful experience both during and for quite a few days afterwards.

I pray for your good health. Thank You for your post. It was very enlightening. I will be making an urologist appointment soon. I did not know about the Turkey Tail mushrooms, and tomatoes diet benefits.

I came down with prostate cancer in my early 50`s. I found an organization called man to man we would meet monthly. The meetings were a valuable resource of info. I took notes and eventually interviewed about 4-5 doctors. I elected to have seed implants and 5 weeks of radiation. Yes I had side effects but im still here by God`s grace. Treatment is an individual decision. Prays for you. God bless

I’ve had a lot of experience with the “old man‘s disease“, rising PSA levels, two rounds of biopsies, various medications however no cancer so far. Mine was just enlargement issues. That said, a buddy of mine went through all of this and his was the dreaded C. With much council with his doctor he elected the removal. As most guys know the loss of the sexual function is what we most fear. He was pretty much assured that this function would not be loss (but there was a chance that it could be). He says all is well and he and his wife are enjoying life. (Note: there is no discharge now with ejaculation).

if anyone is facing a similar issue and faced with having biopsies you can ask that it be done painless. When my doc said he wanted to do a second round I told him that I could vividly recall the first round and that is was not fun. He assured me that he could do it and I wouldn’t feel anything. And he did and I didn’t!!

Prayers to you Idaho!!

Sending a lot of healing energy and positivity Ron. All the best moving forward

I grow a lot of mushrooms and Turkey Tail is one of the mushrooms I grow.

I hope all is well my friend. Two of my good friends (I prefer the company of people older than myself) have been through that in the past couple of years. Both are going strong today.
My prayers are with you though I'm sure they won't be needed.

Prayers for you my friend, you will beat this, great that it was detected so early. If a diet change is doing much that is just awesome! Keep your head up ,you got this!

Could you pass along what brand you are taking
I know you directed your post for Ron but fyi I use Peak Performance Turkey Tail mushroom capsules. When it comes to such things I study the heck out of it before I make a decision. How the product is processed is very important. I'm certain there are other good products out there also. Check out videos of Paul Stamets.

I think you are going about it the right way, multiple Doctors and staying on top of it all. I had my prostate taken out and sometimes wonder if I might have jumped the gun. Best of luck, continue the vigilance and rely on the biopsy to give you the true picture.

Back