Cva accura breakdown stuck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peak7929

Reaction score
I’ve got a cva accura and the break open is stuck. Has anyone had this happen? How can I resolve this? It’s stuck closed. Tia.

Last edited:
Sorry it’s stuck closed
Is there a primer in it? Ive had primers bulge into the firing pin bushing slot and made it hard as hell to get open. 3–4 re-cock and trigger pulls helped dislodge one. Does the release lever feel like its unlocking the action? Or does that lever feel ‘wrong’ or jammed?

Depending on what model Accura, you can remove the buttstock and it may give you access to the break action assembly.
My Apex pictured, which is like my son's Accura. The red circle is for the adjustable trigger screw and the pic was from a previous thread.
BFnpUoq.jpg

Last edited:
Don’t know what was holding it really. I got it apart cleaned it all. I did find my firing pin is not going back in. Maybe it was holding it up on the primer. Thank you all for the replies.

Don’t know what was holding it really. I got it apart cleaned it all. I did find my firing pin is not going back in. Maybe it was holding it up on the primer. Thank you all for the replies.
Real strong possibility with the firing pin. They will stick in the fired position when dirty or gunked up. Should clean it after every shooting session.

I do clean it after every shooting session. Pull it apart and clean all. Maybe weak firing spring.

Before you took it apart you could have bumped the bottom of the barrel a few times with the palm of your hand and or try re cocking the hammer and firing it again. Unloaded of course.

Back