CVA Accura

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old/new

Reaction score
Can anyone provide any real use info on this gun? I was thinking about getting one for my daughter (I swear I wouldn't shoot it :wink: ). Would it be good with BH209?

UC should wander in here soon. He has a couple Accuras and seems really impressed with them. And that says alot about the rifle in itself. :wink:

old/new

CVA Accura... mechanically - do not think there is much wrong with it. I do not like the looks of it, but that has nothing to do with the mechanics - I really do not like the looks of the Encore either + plus I am not a fan of the break open action....

Underclocked, whom I beleive is one of the most informed ML people around here has two of them of his own and pimping them really hard. If he likes them I would easily consider them a quality gun.

BUT, make sure you look at the restrictions that CVA places on all of their modern ML's. The do restrict the amount of loose powder and the weights of bullets that you can use lower than any other manufacturer of modern ML's.

I would easily believe that BPI/CVA is extra sensitive to consumer safety, because of past CVA history - but I really believe there products are better than they allow. It makes no sense that you can shoot 150 grains of Pellet Powder (equivelent to 150 grains of BP) but you are only allowed 100 grains of any loose powder. Same with the projectile weight restrictions...

Underclocked said:
http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php/topic,154578.0.html

Hope to have a specimen of the new CVA Apex to test before too long Perhaps mid-February.

Maybe u could find me one so as I could tie a LOoong string to it 8) :lol:

I bought one for my Grandson and ended up hunting with it myself. Trigger pull was too light, just my opinion, for a youngster. Shooting 100 grs. of BH and 240 gr. deadcenters it shoots under an inch and a half if I do my job.

That light, crisp trigger is one of its strong points, IMHO, but then I always favor such trigger response.

Back