Cva breach plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torrencerodco

Reaction score
Looking for a Ron Laughlin breech plug for my cva optima! Tried to message him but it won’t let me! Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8813.jpeg
    IMG_8813.jpeg
    367.3 KB · Views: 1
No problem! I just checked and cva wants $45.50 for the stainless plug and $54 for the black plug! SSK is a better deal!
I just ordered the SSK BP for my Accura V2. I want to start using the Variflames from my Paramount in it. Now I just need to see about getting someone to mod the new BP for them, hopefully the factory firing pin doesn't need to be changed as well

I just ordered the SSK BP for my Accura V2. I want to start using the Variflames from my Paramount in it. Now I just need to see about getting someone to mod the new BP for them, hopefully the factory firing pin doesn't need to be changed as well
I'm getting ready to order one of em myself. I was using Winchester W209 primers and I found some CCI 209M primers and they are giving me a lot more blowback than the Winchester primers! I'm hoping that the SSK plug will help with the blowback!

Just in case anyone was wondering I ordered the SSK this morning and it literally shipped 45 minutes after ordering. It will be to me and Utah by Saturday morning 8 AM is what tracking says! Now that’s some insane service. I order gobs and gobs of stuff on a yearly basis and that is the best I have seen in years.

Just shim the firing pin bushing out until you get about .03 crush fit and the blow back will stop had the same problem with mine even got the shim kit from cva you will have blowby even with the vent liner plug.

Just shim the firing pin bushing out until you get about .03 crush fit and the blow back will stop had the same problem with mine even got the shim kit from cva you will have blowby even with the vent liner plug.
Any chance that you got a part number with that shim kit? I never could get hold of one. Figured i would just find some shims for something else that would fit someday.

Latest posts

Back