cva breech plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anyone modify a cva qrbp to accept blackhorn powder or will I have to buy one to accomadate the wolf?Don't really want to swap plugs when I go from one to another muzzleloader.

You really don't want to switch a plug between guns if you don't have to. Each gun should be fitted with a plug that's been snugged up for it. A friend tried using the same plug between two guns and the plug flame cut after about 50 shots. Plugs are not that expensive so just get one for each gun.

This is a photo of the breech plug from the CVA Optima V2 I bought new last week, and an extra Traditions breech plug bought in the past for a backup.

Traditions on left side.

The thread is not the same on these two.

Attachments

• Breech Plugs comparison.jpg
    Breech Plugs comparison.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 5
Will a cva optima v2 blackhorn breech plug fit a cva wolf muzzleloader.They both have the QRBP.
This may not be an issue but when you buy a new Blackhorn capable breech plug but you must tighten it quite well to seat the plug and gun mating surfaces. This is only on the initial install. If those surfaces are the same you should be ok. I have never tried it.

Back