CVA Elite barrells

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muzzlemn

Reaction score
Hello. First off I have a CVA optima pro 50cal and love it...yea my buddies said you should buy a thompson your just wasting your money on that other crap...well I have 3 kids so I have a pretty tight budget...anyway I noticed that CVA is now selling the Optima Elite which has barrell options to shoot shells including 243 270 and 30-06. So of course I was curious to see if I could get barrells for my Optima Pro. I sent an email to CVA and the responded "The center fire barrel for the Optima Elite will not fit the Optima or Optima Pro This is due to federal regulations". He didn't say it will not fit physically...he says it will not fit due to federal regulations. Does anyone know anything about this has anyone tried this? Other than blowing back into my face and losing an eye or more does anyone have any input?

My Encore is a 209x45 black powder when I bought it . The receiver is setup for both black powder and center fire and has to go through the firearm forms . If the gun is for black powder only it dose not have to go through that . More than likely your receiver will not handle center fire rounds or you would have an outlaw firearm . More than likely they have made it so the barrels will not fit the older guns .
Charlie

Back