• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE CVA Kodiak Magnum .45 cal(Sold PF)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nit Wit

Reaction score
Kodiak Magnum .45 cal rifle.Was not shot a lot. I wrote a story about it and then never used it again. I used T/C sabots and it shot well. Shiny bore. The bluing is not perfect but not horrible. You can cock this rifle silently and easily. Great hunting rifle. Comes with scope bases.$225.00 shipped to the lower 48.
Thanks
Nit Wit

Attachments

• thumbnail_20201226_162515.jpg
    thumbnail_20201226_162515.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 122
  • thumbnail_20201226_162536.jpg
    thumbnail_20201226_162536.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 129
  • thumbnail_20201226_162549.jpg
    thumbnail_20201226_162549.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Price drop, this is a clean rifle. $175.00 +shipping
Nit Wit

I did the plug conversion to vent liners and BH209 use in mine and its a super shooting gun. Mine is a .45 too and really likes both the 200 grain .40 XTPs and Barnes 195 grain muzzleloader bullets but I do swap out the sabots for blue harvesters on the Barnes fodder. 63 weighed grains of 209. Deadly accurate at 100 yards.

Anyone looking for an easy shooting .45 cal that won't injure the checkbook, this is it.

Nit Wit, do you mind laying the gun n a lighter color surface and snapping a few more pics. Pretty hard to see.
I cant find too much info. What is the rate of twist on these????

Last edited:
I had a chopped version of the Kodiak Mag in .45 I got from Carlos on another forum and he sent me pics of groups that he had shot at 200-300 yds with it, moa or better.. I never did get around to shooting it but from everything Ive seen these are very accurate guns.

Not sure but I think there was a lawsuit for CVA copying TC 's idea. I tried to talk my bother in law to by an Omega because that's what I was using at the time but he ended up buying the Kodiak. I will say he shot a lot of deer with it , he eventually broke the stock and was unable to find a replacement. Moral of the story is to not break your stock and harvest a lot of venison.

Last edited:
Is that surface rust around the breach plug? Hows the inside of the barrel?

Sold Pending Funds
You guys missed out on a good one. Most of my guns were story guns, I'd buy them and write an article for the North Woods Sporting Journal and then I stacked them in the corner. Many more to come!
Thanks

NW

Back