CVA Kodiak Pro vs TC Triumph

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quigley

Reaction score
CVA Kodiak Pro camo stainless steel fluted barrel- $199.00
TC Triumph blue black- $249.00

Which one is the better deal? CVA has stainless and camo, but its made in Spain. Read lots of good reviews of this gun.

TC- Made in America. Better features. Speed breech. Read both good and bad reviews. Seems they have tight bores and require breaking in.

Maybe I should get them both, no wife would kill me.

choice

Have you thrown them both to your shoulder and swung it around for fit? That ois the choice all good guns. Additional, try and throw up a scoped Triumph as it is built for a scope and might feel funky on open sights. What dilemma, which gun do I get, only one thing better than that choice and it is when do I pull the trigger on that buck?

quigley said:

Which one is the better deal? CVA has stainless and camo, but its made in Spain. Read lots of good reviews of this gun.

TC- Made in America. Better features. Speed breech. Read both good and bad reviews. Seems they have tight bores and require breaking in.

My local Gander Mountain has the CVA listed above, but in .45 caliber, for $129.

RAMBOY said:
quigley said:

My local Gander Mountain has the CVA listed above, but in .45 caliber, for $129.

If they can sell a stainless camo Kodiak for $129 these guns must be made with some cheap materials.

I couldn't specify a preference without examining the two models (and I've not had that opportunity). I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss the CVA as that rifle very probably has a Bergara barrel (and those are NOT poor quality).

Seems that the Triumph's down fall is not making it in SS. I read quite a few folks complaining about the Weather Shield..after the fact.

The TC's accuracy is never a question, and I also agree with UC that the CVA/Bergarra SS barrel would be very hard for me to pass up :wink:

Underclocked said:
I couldn't specify a preference without examining the two models (and I've not had that opportunity). I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss the CVA as that rifle very probably has a Bergara barrel (and those are NOT poor quality).
They do have Bergera barrels... My brother picked one up last week & will be shooting it in the next day or two. He said that he really likes how it looks & that it looks like it's made batter than his Winchester Apex.

-Mike

mikew17361 said:
Underclocked said:
They do have Bergera barrels... My brother picked one up last week & will be shooting it in the next day or two. He said that he really likes how it looks & that it looks like it's made batter than his Winchester Apex.

I checked on the barrel. This particular Kodiak is new 2006 model. It does not have a Bergara barrel. Some of Cabelas overstock.

-Mike

kodiak is not a cheap rifle. Just because the price is low doesnt mean anything. More than likely over stocked and t ime to get things moving.

Shoulder them and find out whichone u like better.

I couldn't resist any longer.
I had to order one of the camo/stainless Kodiak Pros at Cabelas.
I expect it to shoot as good as my WInchester Apex and brothers Kodiak Pro.
The price was right!

Copperdog

COPPERDOG said:
I couldn't resist any longer.
I had to order one of the camo/stainless Kodiak Pros at Cabelas.
I expect it to shoot as good as my WInchester Apex and brothers Kodiak Pro.
The price was right!

Copperdog

What are they running?

Underclocked said:
ditto !!!!

Copperdog, give us a report after you shot it. I'm particularly interested in the quality of the trigger.

Underclocked said:
Copperdog, give us a report after you shot it. I'm particularly interested in the quality of the trigger.

The Kodiak Pro I shot back in March had a very heavy trigger, and I didn't care for the way it recoiled. The stock actually flexed where the drop block cutout is. I guess I have been spoiled with rifles that handle recoil very well. White, Knight, H&R NEF. I personally don't care for the Triumph either.

Now the CVA Apex on the other hand is THE rifle at the moment. I just like the way it looks and handles, compared to any other production muzzleloader being built today. CVA has came a long ways with the last two rifles they have introduced. My 2 cents!

Latest posts

Back