CVA Mountain Rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blasterbear

Reaction score
I have a CVA Mountain Rifle but it was made by the Spanish manufacturer before CVA started importing that model.  It has no CVA markings, the nose cap, trigger guard, and butt plate are pewter looking aluminum.  The stock is of a very cheap looking stained whitewood.  I would like to upgrade it to a maple or walnut.  Anyone know where I might find such a thing.

afaik, CVA's are still spanish made, as are traditions and a few other re-brands.  you might find CVA stamping under the barrel.  have you contacted CVA?

Some of the Mountain rifles from CVA were made in the USA I have 2 and they both are stamped that way both are 50 cal  . I built both from kits back in the 70s . I also have a 58 CVA Mountain rifle that says made in Spain on it

CVA USA is waay old, i had one i built from their kit in the early 70's, whereas their trad ml's these dayze are all spanish built.

A picture would help out greatly. Sometimes that white wood is actually maple that wasn't finished very well. I have a kit stock in the closet made of beautiful striped maple for a cva mountain rifle.

Both of my 50s are Maple wood. Not sure on the 58 I bought it used . the 50s I built from kits.

If memory serves me correctly I believe a bunch of the Mountain Rifles were built at Deer Creek Products in Waldron Indiana when Irwin Fagel owned the company...But that was in the early 2000s...They had fair maple in them...And they were nice rifles...I have to do some digging in my files and see what I can find...Just a thought from a old fart...

YMHS
Hilljack

Latest posts

Back