CVA MSSOURI

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blacksheep

Reaction score
WELL I DID IT FOR 165 FROM DEER CREEK I FIGURED HOW COULD I GO WRONG.  SO FAR IT LOOKS VERY PROMISING.  THE ONLY THING I'M NOT TOW FOUND OF IS THE REAR SIGHT IT IS A SMALL ADJUSTABLE .  THE ISSUE IS THE ELEVATION IS MOSTLY ADJUSTED BY TWO SCREWS AND SLIDING A LITTLE PIECE OF SHEET METAL UP OR DOWN.  ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR A REPLACEMENT IT IS DOVETAILED IN SO ITS NOT A CHEAPIE TWO SCREW SIGHT.

LOOKS LIKE IT WAS MADE IN 1989 IF I CAN GO BY THE SERIAL NUMBER

I had a CVA Missouri Ranger in the late '80s. Dark brown wood, black furniture. and a rubber butt pad. I don't remember the sights, but I think the twist was 1-66".
I raffled it off at work and bought my CVA Kentucky Hunter. Pissed off my son. He really liked the rubber butt pad. 25+ years later and he still has never bought a gun with a brass buttplate.

-Joe

I may have really lucked out on this one the barrel is at least a 1 in 48 but based on testing with a patch and ramrod could be 1 in 38.  I've never seen a lock like this its a single trigger but everything is protected I hope a good cleaning and lube will help smooth it out.

Latest posts

Back