CVA Optima LR V2 picatinny rail

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesertBoy

Reaction score
Looking for a 20 MOA rail for V2 LR. The only one I found was on Amazon, and said not being produced anymore. I would like the 20 MOA to help for clearance, as the new scope I am putting on is 56mm. Anybody have a part number or link? Or is this something I have to take to a gunsmith?

Try a normal rail with Burris Signature Rings (1" or 30mm). The inserts (buy extra) come in 0, 5, 10,and 20 moa. Combine a 20 up in one ring and a 20 down in other and you have 40 moa adjustment

Yea I may try that. I thought most rails were model specific to line up with the set screws.

Murphy will cut whatever rail you want but its not gunna be cheap. You are looking at $147 or more for a Murphy and around $125 for a Farrell. You could buy a Hankins Scout rail plus a set of Burris XTR Sig rings with inserts for that kinda dough. I think the Hankins rail is 0 MOA but its only like $45 and made from 7075.
https://hanksprecisiongunparts.com/p/cva-picatinny-rail
The only other good rail im aware of is made by Contessa in Italy. They make it for the Bergara line up. Finding a USA vendor that stocks it could be rough. I could not find one in the USA last time i looked. Its made from steel too.

Part# is PH61
https://www.optics-trade.eu/us/contessa-picatinny-rail-for-bergara-scout.html

Last edited:
Wow, i found it for $86 in the USA but its the 0 MOA model. The catalog says they also offer it in 20 MOA and 30 MOA
https://www.opticsplanet.com/contes..._gun-make=bergara&_iv_code=4RH-T8-CON212-PH61
opplanet-contessa-bergara-scout-picatinny-rail-black-moa-ph61-main.jpg

This is awesome thank you. I think this will work, I will just find extra high rings, I am pretty sure the Nightforce or Warne rings will clear with a zero MOA rail. Thanks 🙏

Consider your rings carefully. You probably WONT need extra high even with 56mm OBJ because rails already sit higher than cheaper bases like Warnes Maximas. I can get a 50mm with medium rings on a Murphy base wth plenty of room to spare. That even includes the lens caps. TONS of room left.

Notice how tall the Hankins rail is for example Its WAY thicker than 2 piece bases like the Warnes.

Great point. Once I get the rail in, I will see how the high rings work as I have a set already. My 7mm and Muzzleloader are going to be using the same scope, so I will just see how the rings I have work with the new rail, and than go from there.

Buy TRUE picatinny NATO-STANAG rings if you plan on moving a scope around. Weaver bases can be virtually anything while picatinny is a milspec. Much better chance of them being cut closer. Even then its not the best idea.

You should always push each ring forward while on the base. Then snug them down. Put the scope in the rings and snug it down. Take it off the first rail and set it in the other rail. Both ring cross stops MUST be in contact with the rail slots. If not just 1 ring is taking the recoil.

Back