CVA Optima v2 owners - what's your most accurate bullet?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hornady XTP 240 grain bullets shoot awesome in my Optima V2 Pistol.
I just recently bought the rifle and am still working on it. I've ordered some Harvester Crush Rib Sabots (green). I have an assortment of different bullets to try.

Hornady 250 SST and Barnes 250 TEZ are the most accurate in mine. I hunt with the Barnes.

2+ on Barnes 250 gr T-EZ in front of two pellets of T7. Very accurate in my Accura V2.

Well with limited range time since ive got it....300gr. SST behind 80grn. BH209 is looking good at 50yrds.
.....luckily those bullets are available at numerous stores around me.
I have plenty of other bullets to try and plan for final zero at 100yrds....so i may add/subtract to this thread later.

Thank you for everyone's feedback! Heading out to pickup bullets and off to the range tomorrow.

My rifle and pistols like the 250 TEZ. 78 gr Wt 209 in rifle and 63 gr Wt in pistols.
Cheap Shots shoot very well also but I cannot use lead to hunt here in the Kommie republic.

I like the 300 gr scorpions golds with 72.5 gr of blackhorn weighed. The Barnes 285 grn spitfire shoots to the same point for me, as well.

the Barnes 250 TEZ seem to be the winner so far .
has anyone compared the Barns TEZ to the Hornady Monoflex in .452 or .458 ?

Last edited:
Decided on Barnes TEZ. 100 yds. 1st shot impact to the right. Slight scope adjustment and 2nd shot is in the pink. Thanks again!

Attachments

• 20220813_065743.jpg
    20220813_065743.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back