Cva paramount

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ccazbear

Reaction score
Has anyone used the muzzle brake from arrowhead rifles? Heard some people were having issues with the cva brake. Just curious on others thoughts or findings.

Has anyone used the muzzle brake from arrowhead rifles? Heard some people were having issues with the cva brake. Just curious on others thoughts or findings.
Did you get a paramount or the pro? If you got the pro with their threading try looking at -
Anarchy Outdoors full ported radial brake for the paramounts 3/4 x 20 tpi threads.
https://www.anarchyoutdoors.com/cva-paramount-full-port-muzzle-brake/The brake with the powder funnel isn't a bad price & I have not read or heard anything negative about them as of yet.
Worth lookin into IMHO. If ya have a Paramount w/o the barrel already threaded, then take a look at Muzzlebrakes and more - Beast Brake. I had my 2019 Paramount threaded to 3/4x24 & I put a 5 port Titanium Beast Brake on mine. I could not be happier with it.

I purchased one of the arrowhead brakes. Immediately after installing it the gun started scattering shots. I played with charge weights, bullets, everything. Nothing fixed it. Took the brake off, it shot fine. I contacted them. They replied that they had some issues where some brakes made it through QC with burrs on the inside that were affecting accuracy, but they were sure they had found them all and removed them from stock. He told me to see if the funnel would fit into the brake. It would not. I was shooting fury star tip 250s knurled up. Went through about 25 of them, and that oh so rare blackhorn. I sent it to them and they fixed it, however, you think they would have sent me some bullets to make up for the ones i burned through. Nope. Disappointing to say the least.

Do you think any of the builders would have reimbursed you for bullets? Did you ask for some compensation for the bullets lost?

Last edited:
I purchased one of the arrowhead brakes. Immediately after installing it the gun started scattering shots. I played with charge weights, bullets, everything. Nothing fixed it. Took the brake off, it shot fine. I contacted them. They replied that they had some issues where some brakes made it through QC with burrs on the inside that were affecting accuracy, but they were sure they had found them all and removed them from stock. He told me to see if the funnel would fit into the brake. It would not. I was shooting fury star tip 250s knurled up. Went through about 25 of them, and that oh so rare blackhorn. I sent it to them and they fixed it, however, you think they would have sent me some bullets to make up for the ones i burned through. Nope. Disappointing to say the least.
are you really serious about being refunded for your bullets. Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just joined and posted a negative review about something extremely few if any vendors would do. At least not without being asked to do it.

Have you tested the brake since they repaired it and did your accuracy return?

lol, Ok calm down. Wasn't an unwarranted negative review. Ccazbear asked and i shared my experience. Yes, accuracy returned with the "repaired" brake (see pic below) And, affording a Paramount has nothing to do with wasting bullets and powder and let's not forget, primers and time, because of a possible dangerous mistake that was a result of poor quality control. Especially when the company was aware that they had a problem with it, and let some slip through. What if the tolerances were off enough for the bullet to actually cause a catastrophic event that could have hurt me or someone standing near me, or at the very least damaged the gun? would it be too much to ask them to cover the damages then? I saved up for two years to be able to afford this rifle and optics. I don't have an endless supply of money, and yes, i feel it would have been a nice gesture, as a business move, to send a "sample" pack of their bullets. That way you are putting your product out there, and showing some sincerity towards your mistake, as a company. I sent a 6.5 grendel upper back to the company i bought it from after burning through two boxes of Hornady factory ammo trying to get it sighted in. I pulled scopes off of different guns, tried different mounts. Could not get it under 4" at 100 yards. The company called me to tell me that they had found issues with the barrel and were sending me a completely new upper. I received the upper on a monday and three boxes of ammo on friday. And no i did not ask. Nor did i ask for any reimbursement from Arrowhead. I just thought it would have been a nice gesture, since they knew it was their mistake.

Attachments

• received_594278371803446.jpeg
    received_594278371803446.jpeg
    18.8 KB · Views: 1
Did you get a paramount or the pro? If you got the pro with their threading try looking at -
Anarchy Outdoors full ported radial brake for the paramounts 3/4 x 20 tpi threads.
https://www.anarchyoutdoors.com/cva-paramount-full-port-muzzle-brake/The brake with the powder funnel isn't a bad price & I have not read or heard anything negative about them as of yet.
Worth lookin into IMHO. If ya have a Paramount w/o the barrel already threaded, then take a look at Muzzlebrakes and more - Beast Brake. I had my 2019 Paramount threaded to 3/4x24 & I put a 5 port Titanium Beast Brake on mine. I could not be happier with it.

How long did it take from day you ordered a brake from muzzle brake and more to delivery ? I ordered one 11/2 and still haven't received it as of 11/14.

'
I can't remember exactly how long it took between placing my order to receiving the brake. It wasn't long enough to stick out in my mind obviously. I know its hard, but relax, It will be there shortly I'm sure.

Back