CVA Scout conversion "Bait & Switch"

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so glad you posted that! What a bunch of A-holes. I saw those on GB and decided to go with Sportsman Warehouse, something just didn't seem right with those listings, lack of pictures probably. Not surprised GB is standing behind their crooked sellers. I would complain to my state's Attorney General and Consumer Protection if the state had one. Getting the word out on these scams is probably our best way to fight them. Maybe get a pro gun Congressman involved would be helpful. Interstate trade fraud?

John

To me the SS is ASSUMED to be stainless steel but I guess you cannot assume anything anymore. What did the description say vs the title? If it never says stainless in the description then maybe they have a case. To me at first it seems like an error by the lister but when the title turns to blued at check out it makes it seem like a purposeful bait and switch. One of those if its too go to be true, it probably is deals.

Deceptive yes. But I believe ss stands for single shot in these listings. CVAs website shows Scout Single Shot so the SS doesn’t automatically mean stainless. I wonder if the listing in question had the mfg part number in the listing? That would confirm what gun it is.

I think I found the listing he’s referring to and I didn’t see a part number and they actually say “stainless steel” in the description. That was the only listing I saw without any photos.

I think I found the listing he’s referring to and I didn’t see a part number and they actually say “stainless steel” in the description. That was the only listing I saw without any photos.
The listing does say stainless steel, likely a copy and paste description and error on their part for using the same description for all models of scout rifles. I see that quite often on listings of all sorts. But the item number is listed as CR4806 which is blued.

Back