Cyber week at Knight Rifles

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
I Recieved an email about Cyber Week at Knight Rifles. Buy 1, get 1 Free on Select accessories. I am just about out my Tube of Knight Breech Plug Grease and Figured this was a Perfect time to get a Few Tubes of it :lewis: That was until i went to Checkout, Shipping on The 2 little Tubes of BP Grease was 15.99, Bringing my Total to just over 20 Bucks, Needless to say I abandoned that Shopping Cart :) I’m not playing that Game

2 little 3/4 OZ Tubes of Grease Can’t fit in a little Padded envelope? Where does 15.99 Shipping Come From??? Come on Knight, You Know this is RIDICULOUS!
BGRH4s6l.jpg

NSGKcdR.jpg

Last edited:
It’s called “Shipping for Profit” Lots of Places do it, They are DEFINITELY NOT the only one. I just don’t play that Game. Anyone that knows me, knows I don’t mind Spending Money, But RIDICULOUS is RIDICULOUS

I’ll use SUPER GLUE on Breech Plugs before i pay that RIDICULOUS Price ;)

If you will call them they will give the correct sh cost, they told me a while ago its a system glitch.. they fixed mine it went from 15.99 down to like 7-8 bucks, been a couple yrs though.At least that's the way it was then, I called them complaining about the sh cost.

I had about 80.00 worth of sabots in my cart yesterday and when I went to check out it charged or wanted to charge me the 15.99, just deleted cart because didn't want to try to call them to have them fix it..

If you will call them they will give the correct sh cost, they told me a while ago its a system glitch.. they fixed mine it went from 15.99 down to like 7-8 bucks, been a couple yrs though.At least thats the way it was then, I called them complaining about the sh cost.

Thanks Dean, I will call right now, will report back with what i find out?

I quit playing that game, years ago.

3/4 oz versus 2 oz.

Not claiming one is better than the other, but shows what sensible shipping costs are compared to rediculous is.

Care to guess which one gets here in 3 days or less, and which one don't, even though it's twice as far? One has free shipping on anything over $99.

1 tube.
Screenshot_20191203-095546~2.png

Screenshot_20191203-093247~2.png

2 tubes, even with the BOGO Free.
Screenshot_20191203-100040~2.png

Screenshot_20191203-092958~2.png

Last edited:
Yeah not a good idea in this day and age to try and charge more then actual sh cost, too many other places giving free shipping or actual cost..

Sportsmans is free shipping on $50 and up. For 1 box of bullets they wanted almost $7 to ship which is better than average. Buckeye Tactical is free shipping on everything. Good pace if you need 6-48 or 8-40 screws. 20 are like 10 bucks shipped. Beat the snot out of Brownwells.

I just spoke with Justin at Knight Rifles and Explained to him what happened, and that i WASN’T about to pay 16 Dollars to Ship 2 little Tiny Tubes of Breech Plug Grease. He said the 15.99 is their Standard Shipping Rate. There was no mention of a Glitch in their System, or Changing it? I didn’t Complain, i thanked him, and that’s where it ended. Needless to Say I didn’t Order, They can keep their Grease :lewis:

Well they may of just really hurt their business saying that as I will not order anything from them now unless I absolutely have to say like the silver .52 sabots, which I have 300 or so of right now so good for awhile.. just plain bad business to try and gouge people on shipping especially for small piddly items that cost2-7 bucks to ship..
I dont believe it was Justin I talked to back then cant remember for sure now..

I quit playing that game, years ago.

3/4 oz versus 2 oz.

Not claiming one is better than the other, but shows what sensible shipping costs are compared to rediculous is.

Care to guess which one gets here in 3 days or less, and which one don't, even though it's twice as far? One has free shipping on anything over $99.

1 tube.
View attachment 6394

View attachment 6393

2 tubes, even with the BOGO Free.
View attachment 6395

View attachment 6392

Thank you Busta, I just placed my order :lewis:
hhafgF4.jpg

Yes see guys that is what I was talking about when I went on there to order a Wolverine that was on sale.
My shipping cost was $60 so I just didn't order it. I have shipped several ML long guns in the past and the average cost was $20 to $30 depending on where it was going and I refuse to pay double the cost. I asked them about it on their FB page and asked for an explanation and my post was deleted real fast. lol
Then I emailed them and still HAVE NOT heard anything from them.
So I emailed them to see if the rifle could be will called when it wad finished being put together and was ready because my sister only lives about 45min from them. STILL NO ANSWER from them
They are destroying a once great company. I love knight rifles and the way they shoot BUT I am so done with them
Maybe just Maybe after they file chapter 11 the next new owners will get it back to were it should be again. And thats my point of view.

I see a lot of this with other companies as well. It seems like they look at short term bottom line instead of long term customer relations. I call it Service and it usually pays dividends albeit they are long term dividends. I will refrain from saying it is the young people nowadays but I think there is some of that.

Nope but Justin told me he has been here before. They hardly even visit their own forum. That is why most of us quit posting there. Well that and the tons of spammers they take forever to delete.

I haven't used either Knights or CVA's breech plug grease, so I have no idea what either are like. I bought a bunch from White back while I could still get it. Started using Whites grease in the early 90's. Can't remember what brand of grease I used originally on my MK85 before that?

I hope that grease works well for you. I was just showing what it actually costs to ship something like that, without being gouged.

I did see where you could buy 1 of those 3/4 oz tubes of Knight grease on Amazon for about $9-$10 shipped.

Some places have good prices, but really scalp you on the shipping. If you're buying alot of items, sometimes it's still worth it, but for 1 or 2 items, not so much. Some places have high prices and offer free shipping over $49 or so. Then there are the places that have high prices, and still want to gouge you on shipping. That's where I draw the line.

Last edited:
I still got a 1lb tub of Slick 50 grease with Teflon in it. I bet i gave under $10 for a tub that will last me my entire life.

I found this out the hard way when I went to order a t-shirt. What a joke.

Back