Dad gummit!!! just what I needed!!!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockram

Reaction score
It was a boring day looking at the local gun adds online when I came across this guy with a Knight Disc Extreme (KDX) for sale or trade. I'm always looking to do a bit of horse trading.

Now I have a buddy that does alot of hunting with a ML. So I drafted him to assist me in the trading as I had no idea what to look for. So I loaded up the pony with buddy in tow we went to look. Well....

Come to find out Buddy hunts with a KDX this is why it wasn't hard to convince him to come with. Well to make a long story short I came home with a Beautiful Knight Disc Extreme with a Simmons scope and everything needed to shoot it.

After gettinng home with my new toy I just had to try it out. So Buddy helped me get it loaded. 2 50 grain pellets of Pyrodex and a saboted bullet dont know what they were as they were in a baggie. However at appx 56yds I was shooting about 3" high the 1st 2 shots could be covered with a .50 piece the 3rd with a silver dollar. I am so excited this thing is a BLAST to shoot.

As the weather warms up a bit I'll be moving the target out to 100 yds. and work on sighting in the scope. I have high expectations.

I'm looking forward to trying different loads and bullets. This fall I plan to take my new found friend to the woods.

Welcome to the forum and you really did it this time. Muzzleloaders are THE MOST addictive rifles I have ever shot. With Black Rifles second. I really enjoy the challenge of muzzleloaders and you have a GREAT rifle there. I will bet that with the right load that rifle will shoot better then you can hold it. Congratulations on the horse trade, and again.. welcome to the forum.

Don't forget to clean that Knight properly. Pyrodex is very corosive an will ruin that rifle PDQ if your not careful. Congrats on the new purchase!!

thanks guys, After my first outing buddy showed me how to break down and spent an hour cleaning. We went over the tuff spots to clean and best way to clean. I was really nervous about using soap and water to clean.

With the ML I got 1/2 box or pyrodex 50 g pellets and a 1/2 box 777 50g
a bunch of discs, winchester 209 and a new box of CCI primers, lube, cleaner and a few other odd and ends.

So I thought I'd use up the pyrodex 1st. just to get rid of it. Buddy uses loose 777. so I'm thinking I'd like to try that.

Welcome to the Forum!

Congrads on the new Addiction.... Opps I meant addition! :lol:

Sounds like you just got bit by the ML bug!

So I thought I'd use up the pyrodex 1st. just to get rid of it. Buddy uses loose 777. so I'm thinking I'd like to try that.

Yup. That sounds like a great plan. The Loose Powder is the way to go. It will allow you to really squeeze the accuracy out of that Knight. It is also great to here you have an experienced buddy to help you out. Props to your buddy for coaching! 8)

You're off to a good start. I stated out using T7 pellets and once I found this place quickly switched to loose and even to the BH209. I'm not even sure if you can shoot BH I did not catch what your gun was. Be careful this is an addicting sport. I just purchased my second ML and there are more to come. Post some pics of your groups when you get a chance. You will find this to be a very fun sport. I ditched the whole prepackaged bullets thing and went to buying sabots and bullets weather they be pistol or rifle bullets it does not matter match it with the approiate sbaot and have fun.

I was looking at loose t7 powder the other day and noticed fg, ffg, fffg, which one do I need? When I run out of pellets? Thanks

rockram said:
I was looking at loose t7 powder the other day and noticed fg, ffg, fffg, which one do I need? When I run out of pellets? Thanks

T7-2f is probably the most used... I do use 3f when I am shooting caps, but with primers I d prefer 2f...

Latest posts

Back