Deep sea scallops anyone?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife makes those in a very simple fashion wrapped in bacon on our flat top grill.
Amazing!!

Greg

My wife makes those in a very simple fashion wrapped in bacon on our flat top grill.
Amazing!!

Greg
Really miss fresh seafood. We do not have a good fish monger where we live. Right on the Gulf but getting fresh seafood from the Gulf is hard to get.

Ages ago, my wife and I went down to Galveston Island where I did some sailing and a lot of windsurfing. They had a seafood store where I bought like three pounds of scallops and three or four pounds of large shrimp. The hotel had a kitchen. Yeah wrapping the scallops in bacon and cooking them all in butter, was fantastic eating. We ate the whole shebang in one sitting. Food overload coma. That is probably the cause of me needing heart bypass surgery many years later too.

Ages ago, my wife and I went down to Galveston Island where I did some sailing and a lot of windsurfing. They had a seafood store where I bought like three pounds of scallops and three or four pounds of large shrimp. The hotel had a kitchen. Yeah wrapping the scallops in bacon and cooking them all in butter, was fantastic eating. We ate the whole shebang in one sitting. Food overload coma. That is probably the cause of me needing heart bypass surgery many years later too.
Bacon butter shrimp scallops are all good for your health. I have similar problems but my cause is darn birthdays. Must have been the beer in your case. You know sounds like it's a good time for some Irish whiskey with a beer chaser.

😛🤣

I get them fresh off the boat and ate them from raw to anyway you can cook them. A friend of mine works on a lobster boat that doubles as a scallop boat off season and he said they found pie plate size scallops with nubs as big around as a beer can in relatively shallow water off Maines coast. I can vouch for the size because I had some.

I get them fresh off the boat and ate them from raw to anyway you can cook them. A friend of mine works on a lobster boat that doubles as a scallop boat off season and he said they found pie plate size scallops with nubs as big around as a beer can in relatively shallow water off Maines coast. I can vouch for the size because I had some.
Send some info on the exact area...next time I'm up that way I'll get some...sounds grreat. Cannot believe down here in Pensacola we have no fish markets that supply local fish. The biggest one just scammed a group of shrimpers by not buying their catch. He gets them from south america.

Latest posts

Back