Deer Antlers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jims

Reaction score
DSC00494.jpg

DSC00491.jpg

DSC00490.jpg

Antelers

I do not know how to post a picture and give an explanation at the same time so this follows. The shed picture is to show one of two large sheds I found, one in 2005 and the other in 2006. They are a right and a left , from the same deer I am sure and within 100 feet of each other. I have never seen the deer in those two earlier deer seasons but found the sheds when I burn off my tall prairie grass. The diameter is 2 3/4 and 2 7/8 and on a bathroom scale they weigh about 5 pounds together.
The deer with the tag I took last year. I would have passed on it but I thought it was a different deer. It is about 19 1/2 wide. I was later glad I took it, it had a tine ran thru its jaw and a large infection in its hip so the winter may have been hard for it.

The other two are deer I found dead. Both decent deer but now just coyote food. I do not know what caused their deaths, car, gun shot and got away. A waste of genetics.

Nice sheds there jims!! In a couple a years when I can retire :wink: shed huntin would be something i would really love to take up. Couple a guys over at HuntingPA are really into it & post up some great shed pics like yours.

To Loggy: I would rather find them still attached to the deer during deer season but if not it is fun to look for them and it gives you some idea where they bed/travel and that they made it through another winter.

You see big antlers.............I see future knife handles! A lot of nice big knife handles!!

Scott B

If I should be so fortunate as to get that buck this year I will hang the firearm on those antlers. At this time I do not use them for knife handles etc., actually I just like finding them and having them around. They are something to think and talk about until next season rolls around.

Latest posts

Back