Switched guns

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been hunting with my CVA Kodiak .45 and my Accura .50, yesterday I pulled out my old hand me down TC Thunderhawk Shadow .50 of my grandfather's. Hadn't been shot in a decade. Fed it 85grns of 2f shuetzen and a 240 xtp with a Winchester magnum no 11 and it cut 2 holes 1 in high at 50 yrds. Cleaned it up nice last night and we're reloaded this morning waiting on some meat. Grandpa didn't hunt antlers and neither do I. Legal buck and I'm going to see what this old slug slinger will do.

Just curious but did you use the 240xtp and what kind of entrance and exit? Did you have a good blood trail? I've been using the xtp 240s for a good while and haven't had any problems with em!
85 grns 2f shuetzen and 240 grn xtp, blew through ribs on both sides and the deer went about 75 yrds. A color blind rookie could've followed the blood trail. Ten feet from the deer until he fell, dime to quarter size blood 1-3 feet apart.

Back