Deer Hunting new member

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAHunter

Reaction score
Hi Guys:

I am new to this board but am very interested in in Modern Muzzleloading. I have hunted for the past 37 years in PA and different states for deer, bear, Elk and Trophy Whitetail. I also hunted Africa twice with great success.

But as my first post I just tought I would like to introduce myself a bit. I frequent other boards under my same handle, like Accurate Reloading and Hunt America to name a few.

Last year I won a Winchester X-150 Muzzleloader at a SCI banquet. I put a Nikon 3X9 scope on it and developed some great shooting loads with triple 7 pellets (130 grains) and TC Shockwaves 250 grain 50 cal Sabot bullets.

Anyway I just came back last week from a Trophy Whitetail hunt in Illinois and want to enter the big buck contest. You see I shot a 12 point Gross B&C score 190" Typical Whitetail with my Muzzleloader at 165 yards. I have a good story written and will be putting the finishing touches on it soon. I will have to figure out how to post some pictures also. I have a new computer and the pic size is 1.4 meg JPG, I have to reduce the size a bit.

Well hope to learn more about modern Muzzleloading, my next purchase will probably be the Savage, I see Randy Wakemen has a deal going with free shippimg on his site. I just may take him up on that.

Regards.... Jim P

I would like to see and hear about that deer and hunt. Sooner than later would be better. We all hope to have a chance at a deer like that someday.

Add me to the list....I want to see a picture! Now!

Congratulations on an incredible buck.

190 W O W!!!!!! Welcome to the best site I know of. I think you'll like it here. I can't wait to see the pics....

Big Buck

Hi Guys:

I will as soon as possible. Right now I am at my Lakehouse getting ready for the first day of PA Deer firearms season opening this Monday.

I have the pics reduced to size, I just have to remember how to post them using my space on AOL.

To all the PA boys on the site, good luck on Monday...

Regards... Jim P.

Deer Pics Gross B&C 190 Class

Hmmmm....

Trying but not working yet....

Booner1.jpg
[alt+p]

Big Buck Booner

Hi Guys:

One more try. The first two pics are my Booner Buck. the last pic is a nice eight pointer taken by my nephew last day of bow season.

booner1.jpg

booner2.jpg

booner3.jpg

Those are two beautiful deer. :prayer: You the man. Deer must be plentiful in that area to have them jumping over your head while taking photos. :lol:

Nice buck indeed. Where abouts in west central Ill did you kill it? Was it an outfitters lease? Several members that post live in Ill.

Big Buck

Hi Guys:

The deer jumping over my head was tied up to a swing set with another buck. There were dogs in the area and when we hung the deer we kept them off the ground. :lol:

My Buck was shot in Southern Illinois, the Outfitter was Rocky Branch Outfitters owned and operated by Darrel & Diane Hafford.

Diane is sort of famous as the best female Turkey Hunter in Illinois. She has done a number of Turkey videos and is Turkey hunting nut.

I can't say enough about Southern Illinois and the big bucks that I saw. Rocky Branch owns hundreds of private acreage, but also leases about 7,000 acres that are hunted. I think he has well over 90 food plots, and over a hundred tree stands. All of my hunting was from a tree stand.

I wrote a good story to go along with the pics, but you will have to wait until next week before I upload it. It is on my other computer at home.

Gone hunting .......PA deer season, taking off Monday & Tuesday..

Regards... Jim P.

Back