Deer Urine

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kentucky Colonel

Reaction score
Fellas, how long do you keep your commercially purchased deer urine? 

PS. The question comes from my wife. I accidentally crushed a bottle of 
'Doe in Heat' in the kitchen. Needless to say, that was not a popular move. 
 :Hide:

Marr_zpsrtzipkiy.jpg

In my experience deer urine is overrated, I prefer a nice XO brandy.

Seriously, I seldom use it. I used a bottle of Dr. O's something or other urine and the ants really loved it. A mature 6-point came by downwind, smelled it and took off the other way. That's the only time I saw a deer react to any urine product.
I've heard that Tink's is over 90% cow pee.

I do use deer urine under carefully planned hunts.  I never purchase anything off-the-shelf from any walk-in store.  I order deer urine from out-of-state deer farms to be delivered a week before opening day.  Any unused product is discarded after deer season.

Absolutely a dominant factor on many successful hunts I've had.

i've had some success using deer urine in drippers over false scrapes.   Doe in heat pee is mixed  with dominant buck pee in my home made drippers.  Friends have killed several huge bucks at my scrapes.

I have stopped using any scents, calls, attractants, etc. In my area, it is better to be quiet and stay still.

-Joe

Years ago, I had a doe stand up and lick a dripper. AFTERBURNERS!!

-Joe

JLBSparks said:
I have stopped using any scents, calls, attractants, etc. In my area, it is better to be quiet and stay still.

-Joe
I posted this awhile back which touches on your all-natural approach.   I used no scents, calls, or attractants during my last deer harvest...just hunting skills.  It does seem to give me greater satisfaction when I don't use aids. 

https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com/t3066-attracting-vs-baiting-game?highlight=attracting+vs+++baiting

I use a product from Wildlife Research called Special Golden Estrus.  I purchase a fresh new bottle each season.  You don't get that many chances in the woods so I try to use fresh scent only.

Deer urine for me is like Calls, Camo, Weapon and weather.

I use all don't necessarily use everything the way everyone else does. Had good luck with all.

I've had Deer Urine stop Deer where I want them, I don't use Deer in Heat just Doe Urine.

Seen Guys on Hunting Shows use Calls. I'm thinking I never call like that. Camo I've liked all until it got old and bleached out. Weather if it is dry, set. Been out rainy and windy. Still hunt.

I never hunt from an elevated Stand.

oneshot

Commercial deer urine!! Hot dog!
I always had difficulty trying to get the female deer to urinate on me.
Ron

Latest posts

Back