Do People Know You?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
strong eagle said:
i like it when people share things about them selves, i enjoy it and their experiences, i even learn form them which i really like. i like the idea that that the austrailian can ride about on his horse, that very nice to read about he would enjoy my lay of the land where no ranch is less than 10,000 acres and they still use horses to move cattle.
 Mate I do miss the cattle work and the big open spaces,  and its the same down under, a ringer (stockman/cowboy) cannot make a living wage working for property owners as a general rule. Agriculture pays the lowest wages in the country. 

cheers and I agree whole heartedly with Ron C re what you shew online.

we have two types of people in our area, the really rich ranchers, and the calf pullers and fence fixers. the fence fixers and calf pullers never make any money and lay about alot bragging who they work for now and then. the other guys take vacations any wheres they want in this world. told my daughter to never ever get connected to a fence fixer. she didnt. my son has a lot of friends who are childern of the big ranchers. they take a lot of trips to the gulf to fish and spend their money. we are the inbetween people in this county. they need drs. and nurses also. i sure wouldnt want to be a rancher. too much work between vacations.

RonC said:
What I don't share is a list of firearms I have. Now and again, I post some photos of an individual black powder rifle or pistol, but never a list............ I just don't want put a tempting target out there to nefarious individuals who might covet what I have.
Ron
Ron I'm of the same mind set, you advertise your wares and some low life will try and make them theirs. 

My mother showed my dad's gun collection to her card club ladies 60 years ago. Within two weeks we had a guy break-in trying to get our collection. Good/bad thing I shot him in the leg removing his knee cap and his venture was over. At 17 years of age it was a hard time for what I had done, a few years later Uncle Sam made such actions common with pulling the trigger at anything that moved.

Don't be silly and list your wares, that's a good way to loose them.

strong eagle said:
i enjoyed that one, hope he still limps.
He when to jail on a 6-8 year term, got out in 6 months with the NAACP's help. Within 3 months he was in trouble with his calls to our house telling my mother he was going to kill me (from that time on I have carried a concealed weapon and still do 7X24). 

Then he's in trouble again, liquor store holdup and was killed. Hard to run with one stiff leg missing a knee.

Buck Conner said:
RonC said:
What I don't share is a list of firearms I have. Now and again, I post some photos of an individual black powder rifle or pistol, but never a list............ I just don't want put a tempting target out there to nefarious individuals who might covet what I have.
Ron
Ron I'm of the same mind set, you advertise your wares and some low life will try and make them theirs. 

My mother showed my dad's gun collection to her card club ladies 60 years ago. Within two weeks we had a guy break-in trying to get our collection. Good/bad thing I shot him in the leg removing his knee cap and his venture was over. At 17 years of age it was a hard time for what I had done, a few years later Uncle Sam made such actions common with pulling the trigger at anything that moved.

Don't be silly and list your wares, that's a good way to loose them.
My Son was staying with us and stuff started walking off. He would have friends over, first time I asked them who they were. Next time they came I told them they were no longer welcome on my place. Our Son   :x  I can't have my friends over? Nope because stuff walks off when you are here.

Put up Security Cameras and Motion Lights, then other day seen something else had walked off, didn't know how long it had been gone. So I put Padlocks on my Sheds.

Had to laugh seen our Son go to open one then seen the Lock  :lol:  He said man this place is like Fort Knox. yelp got tired of stuff walking off.

The other day he asked me if I blamed him for stuff walking off? I told him yes because when he is around stuff walks off. I don't know if it is you or your friends but I'm tired of it.

oneshot

A friend, whose land I've hunted on a few times, bought an older house with two out buildings and a large parcel of land.  His son did the same thing, that is bringing a friend over frequently.  He ended up having thousands, or it may have been $10,000s, of dollars stolen out of the house.  The "friend" vanished and the police can't make a case for lack of enough evidence.

Back