Dont Get Complacent !

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GMAN57,
“... anyone know where I can get replacement barrel (V1, 50 cal )”

Pretty sure I have one.
Leaving today ( Sunday 4 a hunting trip. ) and returning Thursday .
Will check then.
PM me if you’d like.
Regardless of barrel loss, glad you weren’t injured.

. IMG_1818.JPG

Holy Cow- that was fortunate you weren’t hurt.
I have read that 84gr by WEIGHT is the max reccommended load in the gun.
Is this incorrect?

And who’s making this recommendation? CVA OR BLACKHORN?
Thanks in advance.

Good luck getting a new barrel for that fine piece!

Reminds me of a motorcycle safety course I once took.
Instructor’s words-
“-KNOW THIS:
Someday, an accident WILL HAPPEN. AND that accident WILL KILL YOU.
It’s up to you to push that day back, one day at a time, until you simply die from something else, first.”

100%, I know that I will double-load a barrel.
I just need to make sure I don’t do it today.

Stay well, gman and everybody! Good luck this deer season, too!

My son once shot his range rod down range about 75 yards when his loading sequence was interrupted by a cease fire. The barrel didn't blow but was bulged so bad I had to replace it. Now he keeps a coffee can lid on his range rod.

I want to thank you all for your kind thoughts regarding this incident. I almost didn’t post it out of embarrassment . But later thought it would be good example of how it can happen to anyone.
Thank-you posting. It's happened to many of us for sure, me included. The guy shooting next to me pointed out the rod sticking out of my barrel just before pulling the trigger a few years back..

Great post! Everybody needs to be reminded not to get in a hurry loading.
My son once shot his range rod down range about 75 yards when his loading sequence was interrupted by a cease fire. The barrel didn't blow but was bulged so bad I had to replace it. Now he keeps a coffee can lid on his range rod.

Reminds me of a motorcycle safety course I once took.
Instructor’s words-
“-KNOW THIS:
Someday, an accident WILL HAPPEN. AND that accident WILL KILL YOU.
It’s up to you to push that day back, one day at a time, until you simply die from something else, first.”

100%, I know that I will double-load a barrel.
I just need to make sure I don’t do it today.

Stay well, gman and everybody! Good luck this deer season, too!
When I was a Fire instructor, I always said something similar: “In the future, there will be a fire that you will not come out of alive. Your job is to be aware of everything you can do, safety wise, to make sure that you’re no longer on the job when that fire occurs.”

Back