Don't Overdrive PowerBelts-Pics

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
powerbelts?

What a mess from that powerbelt. I wonder what it is going to take for them to put a few extra thousands of jacket thickness in the bullet.

Choc-dog

I had a similar experience several years ago with the 295 grain HP Powerbelt on a button buck. I had a broken scope mount and so the shot went to the rear. I wasn't cognizant of the fact that the mount had a lot of slop and wondered why I hit it so far back.

I lost a lot of meat from that load.

Yeah, from what I read in the post, you'll get less messy results if you tone down the powder charge. Looks like a promising choice for someone who wants a low recoil hunting load.

Wow, that looks alot like a doe my buddy shot last year from about 30 yards with a .270WSM with Nosler BT's, entry wound was the size of a softball and no exit. :shock:

Lane....those holes are gross!!

Good thing I got a strong stomach....what a deal on Power belts they not only stopped that deer in his tracks, but butchered him as well. :lol:

I had different results last year with a hog. Both 295 gr Powerbelts passed through using 2, 50 grain T7pellets.

I will be going in 3 weeks to hunt hogs, plan on using 295 gr PB, but trying 90 grain of powder T7

Latest posts

Back