bbl? I don't get it

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pacanis

Reaction score
From repetition of seeing it here and the sister forum, and because I am not totally stupid, I have come to the conclusion that "bbl" stands for barrel. At least that's my azzumption.
But why?

When someone types ppl it sounds like people when you look at it. PeoPLe. It reads like a vanity plate. I get the abbreviation.

But unless you stutter, why is bbl barrel? Wouldn't brl be more appropriate?
Unless... but I don't think... it stands for blued barrel. That I can get behind.

Maybe it stands for something totally different and I'm just not putting 2 and 2 together?

From repetition of seeing it here and the sister forum, and because I am not totally stupid, I have come to the conclusion that "bbl" stands for barrel. At least that's my azzumption.
But why?

When someone types ppl it sounds like people when you look at it. PeoPLe. It reads like a vanity plate. I get the abbreviation.

But unless you stutter, why is bbl barrel? Wouldn't brl be more appropriate?
Unless... but I don't think... it stands for blued barrel. That I can get behind.

Maybe it stands for something totally different and I'm just not putting 2 and 2 together?
I've wondered how the hell that BBL - for barrel came to be as well.

Sort of like making pulled pork. It's called a butt roast but it's from the hogs shoulder. I believe the butt was a wooden barrel that the roast was shipped in.

Back