DWB unleashes Super Safari

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1874sharpsshooter

Reaction score
DWB lets .451 Super Safari go looking for some meat for jerky.
Worked out good . Steak and jerky coming up :) :mrgreen:

toytruck said:
Way to go!! Gotta love those .451's!! Never hunted mule deer, saw them in SD in my USAF days in early 70's.
You must have been at Ellsworth . I’m about 2 hours south from there

1874sharpsshooter said:
Worked out good . Steak and jerky coming up :) :mrgreen: D85A71E9-40FA-4A64-95AE-B8FEF72E466F.jpeg

17.5 MOA
Chet, did you use my 465 gr bullet and able to recover the bullet?

edmehlig said:
1874sharpsshooter said:
Worked out good . Steak and jerky coming up :) :mrgreen: D85A71E9-40FA-4A64-95AE-B8FEF72E466F.jpeg

17.5 MOA
Chet, did you use my 465 gr bullet and able to recover the bullet?
I used your Bullet but I didn’t find it. I didn’t look real hard though . My back hurt so much from dragging and dressing him that I just wanted to get him in the fridge.
90 gr powder 280 yards 17.5 Moa Vortex 6x24 scope
He ran about 70 yards .

Re: RE: DWB unleashes Super Safari

1874sharpsshooter said:
Worked out good . Steak and jerky coming up :) :mrgreen:

17.5 MOA
Wonder where you got the safari ? Nice buck !

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Congrats on a mighty fine shot! Enjoy the fruits of your labor (and Ed's bullets!)

edmehlig said:
90gr? What powder did you use?
Pyrodex P. But I know a lot of DWB’s would never use that corrosive powder . Me , I still like it and I clean my gun immediately, so I have nothing against it :mrgreen:

Nice work. Great looking muley. He should eat very well.

1874sharpsshooter said:
edmehlig said:
90gr? What powder did you use?
Pyrodex P. But I know a lot of DWB’s would never use that corrosive powder . Me , I still like it and I clean my gun immediately, so I have nothing against it :mrgreen:

Thought so. I use to shoot that load as well with P. The only thing I didn’t like about P was the oily residue in the breech area. Like you I always cleaned my rifle as soon as I got home from the range. As far as accuracy, it was never an issue. Plus it’s a lot cheaper to shoot compared to 777 & Swiss.

1874sharpsshooter said:
toytruck said:
Way to go!! Gotta love those .451's!! Never hunted mule deer, saw them in SD in my USAF days in early 70's.

Yes, Ellsworth AFB. I was there 1970-74, loved the Black Hills! I was there during the big flood of Rapid City when the dam broke, great trout fishing helped keep my sanity....

toytruck said:
1874sharpsshooter said:
toytruck said:

Yes, Ellsworth AFB. I was there 1970-74, loved the Black Hills! I was there during the big flood of Rapid City when the dam broke, great trout fishing helped keep my sanity....
Fly fishing is great . I fish spring creek and rapid creek. Nice rainbows and browns. Last 4 years I been sticking to Tenkara fly fishing. I tie my own , mostly reverse hackle kabari style flies .

Nice buck Chet. I've been hunting for the last 10 days. All I've been seeing is dinks. Only shooter I saw, I couldn't get to come to the grunt tube. To many does around.
I need one of those .451 Super Safaris. I have the factory .504 and .410. I'm sure I'll find one some day.

Re: RE: Re: DWB unleashes Super Safari

fishhawk2700 said:
Nice buck Chet. I've been hunting for the last 10 days. All I've been seeing is dinks. Only shooter I saw, I couldn't get to come to the grunt tube. To many does around.
I need one of those .451 Super Safaris. I have the factory .504 and .410. I'm sure I'll find one some day.
Build one of your own

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back