Ear protection at the range

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nic_58

Reaction score
I've used a pair of Silencio Magnum range muffs for a long time now and think it's time to add some new ear protection to the pile of stuff I drag to the range each time! I've been looking at the Peltor Tactical 6 noise cancelling muffs that supress any sounds over 82db's but allow you to hear normally while speaking with them on. Has anybody ever owned/tried any electronic muffs, be it the Peltors or another brand? I'd kinda like some opinions on them before I dish out the hard earned $$ for them :lol:

I got a pair of Radians Maximus for Xmas and was very disappointed when I got to the range. :cry: They didn't work at all and this is Radians best at about 85 bucks from Midsouth. My elcheapos that aren't even electronic worked better. I called Radians and the lady told me that they were getting several complaints on the Maximus and were looking into it. Meanwhile she said I could trade for new ones or trade down to the Pro-Amp which she said they have no complaints on so I went with the later and am now waiting for them to come in. Maybe I should have checked out the Peltor. :(

Take it from a guy who used to earn his living on a Rifle range, Peltor makes a fine product.

Had anybody tried the electronic in-the-ear type? A guy at work wants to source a couple 3 pairs (4-6 pairs) for his wife and co-workers. She's a RN and works where they remove "stones" with a machine that uses sound to break them apart. The Dr. said that he'd pop for them. It's not a sterile environment, so they don't have to sterilize them. They give the patient a set of earmuffs, but they'd like something to be able to hear speech. They looked at the electronic earmuffs, but would perfer in-the ear type without going to the $+700.00 per ear type that are moulded for each person's ear.

I remember seeing a type that had a interchangeable earpiece or tip (not the "tube behind the ear" type like the Walkers Game Ear, but I can't find it now.

Blue-Dot-37.5

Latest posts

Back