East tn. 8 pointer this morning

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stringtalker

Reaction score
Good cold morning got the big ones moving this morning. Killed a good ol east tn. 8 pointer at 8 a.m. this morning at 30 yards. Went down where he stood. Was a good morning. Can anybody post pics for me?

congratulations on the buck. I sent you a PM. And we'd love to hear the details about the rifle, the amount of powder, the projectile and the damage the bullet did.

cayuga said:
congratulations on the buck. I sent you a PM. And we'd love to hear the details about the rifle, the amount of powder, the projectile and the damage the bullet did.
Well kinda got a late start this morning and didnt get up a tree until sun rise. It was 19 degrees and a. light wind, was one of the quietest mornings ive ever had. Then a few squirrels got to moving around and made it a little more interesting. At about 7:30 i blew the grunt call a little bit and settle back into the stand, then things got quite again. I had just looked at my watch and it was 8 a.m. then something to the right caught my eye. I seen antlers coming down an old logging road, finally got turned around and by that time he was 30 yards and closing, so i took the shot, he went straight down. Was a good morning for sure. I was shooting a cva wolf with a 185 grain. 45 caliber c.o.p. bullet over two 50 grain triple 7 pellets with a harvester short black sabot. The bullet entered the neck went thru the lungs and lodged in the opposite rib cage. Good wound channel.

I want to post pics but cant. I use my phone for all of my postings, dont have a computer. Photobucket want let me create an account

1115141050_zps4a4f28f5.jpg

stringstalker's buck pictures

1115140818b1_zps3dd8bb3c.jpg

nice looking deer..your right about it being quiet, it was 16 deg. here(Indiana) opening morning and dead quiet no breeze or anything, leaves were covered with frost and I sounded like 10 people walking to my tree in the dark:)

:applause: :applause: :applause:

AWESOME BUCK :!: :!: :!: CONGRATS

Ray......... :yeah:

Congrads! Dandy buck. :yeah: Love the length of those G2's!

stringstalker wanted me to post these pictures for him to show the effects of that bullet from another deer. They did an impressive job.

1111140928_zpsed684588.jpg

1111140927a_zps1cc25ecf.jpg

1111140911a_zpsa85bc238.jpg

Stringstalker can explain what he was trying to show...

The wound pics were just to prove a point. I was told that bullets sectional density was to low, which it is, but you cant go bt book knowledge on everything. Sometimes field knowledge shows more. It doesnt take much to kill a deer. Shot placement is key. That deer was at 70 yards. 185 grain 45 caliber c.o.p. bullet out of a 50 cal. Cva wolf, very accurate with those bullets, good huntn guys.

Sweet!!! Boy that is a nice one! Congrats :yeah:

Our morning was "supposed" to be the same here, clear cold and no wind. Weatherman lied! It was 22 with steady 15-20mph wind! Man that sucked!!! My son and I toughed it out until 10:30, didn't see squat. We bout froze then came in for some coffee...damn if the wind didn't die down to almost nothing by about 11am. LOL, figures.

Back