eBay omega parts buyers beware!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I’ve got a couple spare triggers as well. Was looking for a better deal than that - looked like it was pretty beat up - especially from a seller with no positive feedback. I love the two X7s I already have!

Sold for $202.00 plus $22.47. Not to me, i didn't bid on it.

Public Confession:

I bought the barrel, probably needed the stock more as mine has a crack/delam at the wrist - but we'll see if I got burned, or broke even when it arrives.

The pictures of the stock looked to me like the barrel channel had opened up some at the X7 taper, but I couldn't tell for certain.

Having a spare X7 barrel handy seems like a decent idea, as most of the complete X7s in good condition I've seen have sold for more - YMMV.

I'll update when it arrives.

Last edited:
AH,

If you're happy/satisfied that's all that matters. I couldn't see paying that much when all I need is a bushing. I did discover from this thread that I may have a X7 stock. It always looked like an Omega stock but the hole for the action was too big. Looking at the pics on ebay it looks very much like it. The stock I have is laminated also.
John

Last edited:
Public Confession:

I bought the barrel, probably needed the stock more as mine has a crack/delam at the wrist - but we'll see if I got burned, or broke even when it arrives.

The pictures of the stock looked to me like the barrel channel had opened up some at the X7 taper, but I couldn't tell for certain.

Having a spare X7 barrel handy seems like a decent idea, as most of the complete X7s in good condition I've seen have sold for more - YMMV.

I'll update when it arrives.
I hope it works out for you, hopefully the barreled action isn’t as bad as what it looked in the pictures.. In all reality if you can get the action and trigger assembly to be in working order then it wasn’t all that bad of a deal.

Late update,

Finally getting around to looking at this project - the good news:

Most of the "rust" in the pictures around the muzzle was some kind of goop (technical term) that acts like a liquid gasket material - but probably a "Habor Frieght" quality electric tape residue. It's taking some effort and Hoppes to clean it off.

There are scattered stains on the barrel surface, but nothing that pitted the surface - more like the odd blood spatter that was there after the hunt.

The breech plug was in surprisingly good shape and fully usable.

The bore has a few spots of scattered surface rust - if there's any pitting, it's very shallow. A couple passes seems to be cleaning it up nicely.

The downside - the trigger is there - but broken off at the bow of the trigger guard.

My guess is that the trigger broke and it was packed away for a number of years - then probably estate sold. Doesn't look like it was abused - just "sat" for a long time.

Separate question:

Anybody know how "inter-changeable" the triggers are between the Omega models?

Thanks,

I guess I'm about to find out... :cool:

Emailed Steve (or Gus) at CFN parts - he's working on a replacement source for new Omega trigger copies, but doesn't have a purchase order in place yet. Said he's sold over 300 NOS triggers in the last two years.

Back