Ed’s Gould Bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
I beat the rain this morning and shot a Group of the Gould bullets that Forum member edmehlig sent me, These little bullets GET WITH IT! My next go with these will be 150-200 yards, our snow is finally going away, another 2 weeks and i should be able to get to longer ranges

My rifle, This Little Rifle is a dream gun, it flat out shoots!! And its not in the least finicky, i have shot 240 Grain Maxi’s all the way up to the 480 Grain Lyman 457121 bullet. So far this rifle has shot EVERYTHING I’ve thrown at it good, to EXCEPTIONALLY good. If the old saying is true that we get a few GREAT rifles in our lifetime, This is DEFINITELY 1 of mine!!
DgdwoRN.jpg

This is how i head to the range, Charges pre weighed to the 10th of a Grain
IPUWOnp.jpg

Nothing wrong with Ed’s little Gould Bullet!! Recoil is really light, which usually makes for better accuracy, and plain Ole Fun to Shoot! I will definitely own this mold. Thanks for the Bullets Ed!
3coFQRL.jpg

Seems to me that that should work bullets been around for a long time before turn century and i'm not talking 21st.

45cal said:
Seems to me that that should work bullets been around for a long time before turn century and i'm not talking 21st.

45cal, I fully agree!! This is a Whitetail Hunters dream bullet in my opinion. Light Recoil, And EXTREMELY Accurate, What more can a guy ask for? I think the next time out i will try 70 Grains of Swiss 3F, or 80 Grains of Swiss 2F just to see how they react? With my 40:1 Alloy these things should be about as good as it gets

I know my three grandsons love them even with s load of 50gr of 777-3F. Man talk about mild recoil! But it sure did drop his big doe at 50yds. It was DRT. LOL

They are definitely a great shooting little bullet! And actually not little, at nearly 350 Grains, Nothing little about that! I have never considered a hollow point bullet for Game, but in a big lead projectile at Muzzleloader velocities I can’t see that it would hurt anything? Besides the Game they hit! :yeah:

My Knight Super DISC 45 will stack those suckers at 50 yards with 70gr of BH209. I really love that load because its far less punishing to shoot and has plenty of knock down to 100 yards or more.

Cant seem to find those range pics atm

Found them. Thats 5 with a veggie wad and basically no cool down time between shots.
vh8gr5N.jpg

GM54-120, GOOD shootin my friend! This little Gould bullet flat out gets with it! :yeah: And it’s a pleasure to shoot due to the light recoil. Will make a great bullet for Deer hunting!

45cal said:
Seems to me that bullets been around for a long time before turn century and i'm not talking 21st.
Great bullet.

Back