Encore , hinge pin accuracy?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotts98rt

Reaction score
What has the accuracy results been by replacing with the belahm pins? Might try in my stainless encore before I sell it. Just not a favorite of mine accuracy has always been so so with pellets for me.

ANY time you tighten the action of a break open, it can certainly make a difference in accuracy.
100 to 110grs BH209 works better than pellets.

I agree on both counts. I drank the coolade of 3 pellets many yrs ago when I first bought it. Only to be disappointed with it accuracy wise. Also heavy, but thats me.

Well , i have had no accuracy problems with my muzzleloader encore in stock form,but i have a encore with a 20 gauge slug barrel that shot very good. it started to open up on me to the point of frustration.i ordered the belm spring kit and oversized hinge pins. i did the whole job relatively easy,order his spring pliers they are worth it. Well the accuracy is amazing now and the lock up and action are fantastic.i must say the trigger is very nice now , definitely worth the time and money

I ordered his pin kit, and will see if that helps. Also going to try 110gr by volume of bh209 with some tipped barnes.

How does the larger diameter Bellum pins work when you have multiple barrels for your receiver?

That would be above my pay grade. I'd have Bellum do it if I had a problem. I just bought another barrel for my 209x50, I hope it works out without a problem.

That would be above my pay grade. I'd have Bellum do it if I had a problem. I just bought another barrel for my 209x50, I hope it works out without a problem.
Once you do one or maybe two, it gets extremely easy. I can't count the number of Encore platform rifle frames I modified over the years. IMO the easiest of all to modify. Been quite awhile since I've done one though. Boy you sure can make a huge difference with just a few parts. Like having a completely different rifle.

I picked up a 20" Katahdin bbl in 500 S&W just for laughs. Hopefully, it will lock up tight. Still waiting for the forearm to be delivered so I haven't shot it yet.

Back