Encore loose stock ??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahRob

Reaction score
Have any ideas how i can keep it from coming loose ?? :twisted:

My new wood stock loosened up worse than the plastic one did , and of course i forgot to bring a wrench . My first 3 shot were good , then they went all over the place . Never had this problem with any other guns. I re-tightened it this times really really tight.

Thanks -
Robk.

Rob, I've had four different Encore's including my current .270 Pro-Hunter and I have never heard of or experienced this. If you are snugging them up good and they are coming loose after three shots I would call TC and let them figure it out... they have the best CS in the industry.

It was the butt stock that came loose this time . I have washers in the forearm . Had to, the bolts that came with the forearm are too long and i could not get the ramrod in . :shock: My stock is new and i just put in on last week . I tightened it snug but was not sure how tight i should go .I REALY cranked down on it this time .

black powder said:
did u replace the lock washer ???????

Its a new stock and it came with a bolt washer and lock washer . I just removed the bolt to double check it had the lock washer.

flint head said:
Rob, I've had four different Encore's including my current .270 Pro-Hunter and I have never heard of or experienced this. If you are snugging them up good and they are coming loose after three shots I would call TC and let them figure it out... they have the best CS in the industry.

I may not have tightened it enough . With the plastic stock i tightened it a little more but was not sure how far to tighten a wood stock .

If all else fails,apply BLUE loctite to the threads.It is forgiving when or if you decide to remove the stock.Just don't use the RED loctite.That's forever!!!

If all else fails,apply BLUE loctite to the threads.It is forgiving when or if you decide to remove the stock.Just don't use the RED loctite.That's forever!!!

I agree! Don't over-tighten it. You'll end up cracking the stock. Use the lockwashers,,and some blue Lok-Tite. Let the gun sit for a couple days so it sets up.

I had the same issues with an 870 SPS-T with the thumbhole stock. LoK-Tite cured it. :wink:

You likely either lost the lock warsher or it has lost its spring, I suggest that you pick up a double star lock warsher and snug it down with that in place; if it still comes loose then the treads are outside tolorance and you will have to send it back to TC. Lee

I got a new TC encore endeavor a couple weeks ago. After about 30 shots I noticed the stock was real loose. I tightened it pretty good. 40 shots later it was a little loose again. Don't know if the bolt is loosening. I think it is just settling into the stock from recoil.
I ordered a stainless 257 Ackley barrel 25 inches for it today from the custom shop. Will be 8 to 10 weeks.

Back