enocre accuracy vs other ML's

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cummins cowboy

Reaction score
how does the encore normally rate in the accuracy dept compared to other ML's I have mainly shot A&H's would I be disappointed if I switched to an encore

An encore is a very accurate platform. I think you will be happy with the switch.

I love mine

Mine are exceptionally accurate with sabots, ok with FPB's and Powerbelts, downright awful with conicals like NoExcuses, maxiballs, maxihunters, hornady great plains, etc. I think they are great if you're allowed to hunt with sabots in your state, terrible choice is you must use conicals.

I like fast flat shoot bullets like the 200 grn shockwaves, would they be a good choice for that, also what about the trigger, can those be worked down to a good pull?? also what about blow back, I want something that has less blow back and hassle than my A&H

If you have an X-150 right now, I honestly dont think you'd be any difference in accuracy from the switch. I owned an X-150 for a few years and loved the 5/8" open sight groups.

If you like the 200's I would buy the stainless synthetic .45 Disc Elite and Fin Feather and Fur.. Just picked one up and am very happy..

Shoots the 200's great!

they are $199 and they have a few left

The PHs seem to like the 200 gr shockwave, mine sure does.

frontier gander said:
If you have an X-150 right now, I honestly dont think you'd be any difference in accuracy from the switch. I owned an X-150 for a few years and loved the 5/8" open sight groups.

Mine shoots MOA with a variety,of bullets. They are a great gun. :D Ron

2hxrta9.jpg
8)

cummins cowboy said:
I like fast flat shoot bullets like the 200 grn shockwaves, would they be a good choice for that, also what about the trigger, can those be worked down to a good pull?? also what about blow back, I want something that has less blow back and hassle than my A&H

I shot a doe with the 200 grn SW over 90 grn's BH 209 W 209 primer with my Encore ( 11/01 the day of Kelly's accident,that took the thrill out of it),No problem,low recoil good accuracy for my particular skill level.
Good results from the bullet.
I don't know what you will be hunting or in what part of the world.
I live in N.E. Florida and we have small deer,the 200 is just fine.
For our hogs now thats a different story.
I'll use the 270grn AT Plat Powerbelt for that over 80 - 90 of BH 209 or the 300 grn Hornady SST with 110 of BH,they shoot good out of my gun and I think they would be good hog medicine.
We got some mean hogs

I love my Encore but I truly believe that just about any gun from the big makers will put down game,some have this feature and some that feature but I think they will all do it.
If you like the fell and look and it has what you want,get it.I love the way it shoulders and just the way it feels.I like the Accura as well,SWEET gun.

I have some buddies saying that I should (UPGRADE) to an Endevor
#1 I dont have the money
#2 I dont know if the quality of the guns is the same with the new guns sinse they went to SW
#3 Aint nothing wrong with my Encore,It shoots better than I do already.
Here's mine

Stock3.jpg

Stock2.jpg

My wal mart will start a sale today so I will go nowhere near that place.

#3 Aint nothing wrong with my Encore,It shoots better than I do already
X2. I have the Pro and have seen no reason even w/ the speed clean up advantage ot make the switch. Good answer Sax!

i got the T/C encore also ,i switched the stock [put on the PRO HUNTER stock with the LIMBSAVER ... shoots great but a bit barrel heavy ...

FH, believe it or not, that one wasn't yours. That's a different one. Only the 4200 was part of that deal.

Selling anything? :wink:

cummins cowboy said:

I had a 'smith' work my trigger, now it's 2.5 lbs and breaks like glass. He charged $50 shipped for the frame and turned it around in a week. email me if you want his info (can't post it here - the rules). If you want to use 25 ACP system you get 0 blow-back, with primers and BH209 a little but no big deal.

Bought an Encore in 06. It is a good accurate muzzleloader that is also very heavy. It is too heavy to carry around in the woods all day but is a great tree stand gun.

i also have two CVA inlines, an old Stag Horn and a Mag. Hunter. Both of those guns shoot just as well as an Encore. The CVA Stag Horn goes with me when i still hunt.

Latest posts

Back