EZ Load Sabots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corncob

Reaction score
SST 300gr with red EZ load sabots - I could have seated them using my thumb and one finger. I bought a 25 pack for $14 and only used 2 red sabots. If anyone thinks the red EZ load will fix a problem - let me know and I will send you some to try - they should work with 250 or 300 grain SST's.

Encore:
2 shots - 300gr SST with BH209 110 vol grains = 1,880 FPS
3 shots - 300gr SST with BH209 110 but MMP short = 2,150 FPS
I'll be using MMP short with 300gr SST.

Savage HB #161 (shooting smokeless 4759 @ 41 gr)
TMZ 250gr with blue EZ loads - Scary easy to load. That said 2 bullets were essentially one hole and 3rd bullet made a 1" group at 100 yards. Bullet speeds were 1,966, 2,065, and 2,282. Bought an 18 pack and would love to trade 15 blue for 15 boat-tail yellow sabots.

Personally, I like resistance when stuffing a bullet - that's why there are power-rods. Been asking myself why I bought two boxes of bullets with EZ load sabots - I must have too much money.

Best regards -
Cob

Personally, I like resistance when stuffing a bullet - that's why there are power-rods.

ABSOLUTELY! In practically every instance, a hard to seat bullet/sabot combination will yield BETTER accuracy, HIGHER velocity, and LOWER shot to shot velocity variation.

That said 2 bullets were essentially one hole and 3rd bullet made a 1" group at 100 yards. Bullet speeds were 1,966, 2,065, and 2,282

With 316fps high/low velocity difference...that load ain't gonna shoot so well as range increases but I bet you all ready know that! :wink:

EZ Load sabots...I HATE 'em! IMO the only ones worth having are the Harvester Crush Ribs and I'm not sold on those just yet. All developed trying to make Triple Se7en tolerable. BH209 made the EZ-Load sabots completely un-necessary and undesirable.

Thanks for the report! BTW you MAY be able to get some of the NON-EZ TMZ sabots from Knight...

Back