Finished last project for the off-season...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcchartboy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Each year for the past several years I have completed several gun related projects in the off season. Past projects included hand stoning and polishing a VZ-24 Mauser 98 Action, refinishing and customizing a Browning A-bolt shotgun, converting a Savage 210 to a blind magazine etc etc. This year most of my focus was on coating and accurizing several of my existing rifles as well as adding two guns to my collection.

I finally finished with the last of my projects and am looking forward to taking the second of my new guns out to the range now that I have finished working on it.

Below is the finished rifle that I have been working on over the last two months. As is my usual practice I purchased this rifle used, but in nearly mint condition, at a fraction of the replacement cost. When I purchased the gun the stock was too long. I have since had the stock shortened. I also sent the bolt off to Jerome Glimm and had the bolt handle done in a four panel checker pattern. While that was being done I had the builder cut the custom Talley bases and purchased the 30mm rings. I then had the rings and bolt etc refinished by the builder to match the existing coating on the gun. When that was finally all completed this week I mounted the scope and finished the gun.

The rifle is a Mark Bansner "Ultimate Ovis" in .270 WSM.

JC

008-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back