Five more sleeps

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Muzzleloader season starts on Monday, so by my calculations, that's 5 more sleeps :D. I've already sighted in my new scope but have to go to the range to tweek it to exactly where I want it. Spent the last half hour in my basement finding everything I'll need. Looks like I'll have to put an edge on my two knives. They got quite a work out last year skinning and field dressing 5 deer. Got the back pack packed with binocular, range finder, calls, and a bunch of incidentals. All I need to do on opening morning in make a thermos of coffee and not forget a couple of cubans I'll need. There's been no pressure on the deer so should see plenty. I've got 2 antlerless mulie tags and an either sex white tail tag. The mulies are for meat of course and I'll watch and see if a good white tail comes by. Have lots of time. Can hunt now until Dec 9. It's that special time of year AGAIN ;)

seven more ..

Yep,

Seven more sleeps and I'll be slippin' out of my pickup into the cool fall air of Montana, with the Knight .50 in my hand. I checked the zero yesterday and it's dead-on at 150 and 8" low at 200 yards with the 250 Barnes hp. Those eastern Montana antelope better be on their toes that morning, as I got 2 tags and a rifle that will do the job :lol: :lol: .

Well best of luck to you! Don't forget to take pictures!

I plan too take lots. I'm hoping that if the oportunity presents itself I'll video a deer and the shot. We'll see how it works. If all goes well I'll post it.

I for one can't wait!!!! After seeing all those deer pics RAF, I'd love to see one striking a pose on the ground. :D

Just 3 more sleeps left!!! Gotta luv it. :D

Actually it 2 1/2 more sleeps :D . Sunday will be a very short night. Legal shooting time is 5:48 and it'll take 3/4 hour to get there. Means have to leave the house by 5 :wink: . Have to get up earlier so can make some coffee for the morning in the blind.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! 8)

bout what temp do you currently have in the morning?

Spit, this morning @6:54 it +7C (45F). The forecast for Monday morning is +4C (39F). We've had frost about 10 days ago but not since. It all depends on the cloud cover. If the skies are clear over night it gets colder at dawn. Clouds act like an insulator.

That's a great temp to drink coffee in, Raf. Here it's 45-50 at night and 70 during the 70-80 during the day. I hate balmy weather! :x Bow opener tomorrow....might go out but not too serious yet. I'll probably grab my Mathews, a few Magilla sticks and hit the edge of my hunting area. Mostly for scouting. HAH!............. :roll:

Here it is 4:40 in the am :eek:. Coffee is made and had a bite to eat. Am now dressed and waiting for my hunting partner to pick me up and were off. Hope I didn't forget anything in my pack.

Hunting reports? Ohh.... Maybe he is still out there. Wish I was. We leave tonight. Good hunting to all.

D Hunter, I'm back and have been out since. 1 mulie doe in the freezer :D . Going out again tomorrow morning looking for another one.

Back